Why does my AAO battery suck?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by synspy, Mar 21, 2009.

1. synspy

synspy

My AAO battery suck balls it last for maybe an 1hr max what can i do to fix this

synspy, Mar 21, 2009
  2. synspy

yachtpro

I have the older 8.9" screen, 160 gig HDD, 3 cell battery, running XP Home. I multi-task running two browsers with multiple tabs open, Windows Live Messenger active, and using ACDSee 9 to manipulate high end graphics as well as other programs running resident such as AVG Anti-Virus, SpyBot Search & Destroy, Sygate Firewall, etc. I will admit to also having a 4 gig SD memory card in the left side slot configured and running eBooster (which shouldn't effect battery life). Typically I get about 2 hours + out of a charge before critical battery level is reached. If your not on line, turn off the WiFi using the switch on the front edge of the Acer. This should give you a little more time also. Maybe you have a bad battery. Have you conditioned it by charging fully and running it down and charging again a couple of times? This helps the battery "learn" to take a full charge and use the power more efficiently.

yachtpro, Apr 4, 2009
  3. synspy

Joe Foe from Buffalo

Ya may consider getting bigger one like one of these
    viewtopic.php?f=75&t=12911
    and voice your $.02 to Acer in the way mentioned to get one.

Joe Foe from Buffalo, Apr 4, 2009
  4. synspy

belafonte

i had the same problem. ended up getting a 6 cell and now i get only 3 hours with wifi?

belafonte, Apr 15, 2009
Ask a Question