Why do you choose android over IOS/Windows Phone?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Snakevenom, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Snakevenom

martinearletara

I'll get straight to the point... Android is just a lot cheaper than iOs and Windows phones. When it comes to the price and quality.. I can definitely get used to it.

martinearletara, Apr 22, 2016
  2. Snakevenom

acer93

It is not just about price.
    In europe and the other parts of the world that is not the US we use PCs so to connect an iphone to a PC it is harder, and vice versa. I think it is also a cultural thing.

Everyone uses mini USB chargers, but try asking for and iphone charger in eastern europe and they just stare at you.

acer93, Apr 23, 2016
  3. Snakevenom

nytegeek

Um, hate to burst your bubble but we connect phones to computers in the USA too. USB mini chargers are common everywhere, not just eastern Europe. We may have less of a problem getting iPhone chargers, but USB mini and connecting phones to computers is just as common here as it is where you live. It is not a cultural thing at all.

nytegeek, Apr 25, 2016
  4. Snakevenom

nytegeek

No, there are phones with Android that are cheap, but Android is not automatically going to mean a device is cheap. There are plenty of very popular high end devices that use Android that are much more expensive than an iPhone. Also, there are Windows Phones that are very cheap and compete with the low level Android devices of similar specs. The Lumia 435 is a perfect example of a low end Windows phone that is cheap.

nytegeek, Apr 25, 2016
  5. Snakevenom

UpgradeMe

Literally the only thing keeping me to my old iphone is my guitartoolkit app on my iphone 3 - there's better out there, but I have a ton of presets saved and they'll be deleted if I switch over, and the app maker stopped supporting it a long time ago. There are different versions but I'll lose my data with all of them.

Other than that I use android for my life and just have an odd iphone 3 chillin' for when it's needed ;)

UpgradeMe, Apr 27, 2016
  6. Snakevenom

Kavon

I think the reason why Android is better is because the user has much more control. With an Android device, there is the option to customize it any way you want. Apple seems to be very strict in terms of how users should be using their devices. It's always been that way. In fact, when the IPhone was first being designed, the original idea was to not allow any third-party app development. The difference between Android and IPhone is perhaps very similar to the difference between Windows and Mac.

I think many IPhone users are using it because of the brand appeal of Apple. And many of them are fans of the company.

Kavon, Aug 15, 2016
  7. Snakevenom

ajaymehra

Actually, on today's date, Android is one of the best OS Because it is being used everywhere and now everyone is used to of it. Android is now very developed an easy to use OS and as of now it has a lot of versions which are making it much faster like IOS and talking about the Windows OS then it's too old and it doesn't have any development as compared to the Android and IOS. I prefer Android over IOS and Windows because Android allows a lot of customization and the devices which comes with the Android OS are not so expensive like IOS.

ajaymehra, Apr 21, 2019
Ask a Question