Why Do People Love/Hate Mac?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by TheViper, Sep 1, 2016.

1. TheViper

TheViper

The divisive opinion of Macs is really insane if I am being honest. There is a big group that immensely love anything Mac. They love the simplicity of them and not how they may face some issues that standard laptops have. Others hate it because they believe it is overpriced and really limits the capabilities of expansion. How do you guys feel about Mac?

TheViper, Sep 1, 2016
  2. TheViper

Elektron

Well, I do not consider myself a hater of anything, however, I really consider that I would be okay if I had a Mac, however, I have heard that people dislike them just because it's an Apple device and therefore, it's way too expensive for the amount of functions and options that it has. It's really limitated and almost everything has to be paid. That's my opinion though.

Elektron, Sep 1, 2016
  3. TheViper

Corzhens

Maybe I can say that I love and hate Mac. First, I love it because it is simple to use and easy even for a beginner. There's not much tinkering allowed like in a Microsoft computer. But I hate the Mac because it is reserved only for the wealthy users who can afford to buy such an expensive computer, much more a laptop. My HP Elite costs 55k in pesos and a Mac of a similar capability costs 120k pesos. So you can see the big discrepancy in cost which I cannot afford.

Corzhens, Sep 1, 2016
  4. TheViper

Aree Wongwanlee

I don't hate the Mac. I just don't see why I should pay more for getting the same thing. Some people tell me that the Mac is a better machine. Not really sure what they mean. All I care is that my computer does what I want it to do. At a minimal cost. Oh, with a pc, I have freedom to pick and choose vendors and repair shops. Apparently you can't do that with Mac. A Mac user friend told me that.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 1, 2016
  5. TheViper

rz3300

I just think that it is a brand that people view intensely about, but for what reason I am not sure. I think that the industry itself plays a role, though, because it is technology, which is slowly (actually rather quickly) becoming integral into every part of our lives, so we identify with these brands a lot more than other brands. It is interesting to think about, and thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Sep 1, 2016
  6. TheViper

acerme2

In my country, Mac is a status symbol. A young lawyer I know insist on using his own Mac instead of the usual company-issued Acer laptop. In my opinion though, a Mac is a grossly overpriced machine, a snobbish brand. There's really nothing special about it and any so-called inconvenience one may experience by using a Windows laptop is far outweighed by the price difference.

acerme2, Sep 1, 2016
  7. TheViper

vinaya

I don't know any on who actually hates mac. However, I know many people who love mac even though they don't use mac. I use windows PC, however, I have this desire to use a mac. Price is the main issue that is holding me. Perhaps,because of the price ,many people are using mac as a status symbol.

vinaya, Sep 1, 2016
  8. TheViper

BlueText

I think the hate starts in school. When I was going up, we had to work on their macs and they were so slow and miserable to work with. So I think it starts young, Then you grow up and wonder why the laptops are so expensive. Most people who hate Macs don't use them, ever. There is also this sense of Mac having a monopoly over their goods, you have to buy from the Apple store to get replacement parts unlike most other brands that have generic parts you can used to replace something broken. So the high price and the monopoly puts a bad taste in people's mouths.

BlueText, Sep 2, 2016
  9. TheViper

fcuco

Some people have an attachment to a brand that's almost religious, and this is actually supported by research, they get the same feelings of "belonging to something" and community that belonging to a religion usually gives you, but they get this from being fanboys of a brand. They go as far as to justify everything this brand does in a quasi religious matter, well, guess what, it is actually a very similar thing. This fanboys can get pretty annoying, specially when they can't have reasonable arguments about the merit of the brand that they are defending, since Apple has some of the most ardent fanboys it becomes polarizing and an opposite reaction to this emerges in the form of haters.

Some people also hate Apple users out of envy, this s very true, they are a small minority, but this exists.

fcuco, Sep 2, 2016
  10. TheViper

Aree Wongwanlee

I cannot think of any inconvenience caused by using a Windows laptop. Windows is an establish operating system. It functions very well. Of course, it could be better but that holds true for all operating systems including the Mac. I suspect it's the high price of a Mac which makes it desirable to some people. It's like buying a Mercedes car instead of just a plain vanilla Japanese model.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 5, 2016
  11. TheViper

cardinals27

I am not a huge fan of macs. I don't feel like they are worth the price, which is why a lot of people strongly dislike them. There is nothing wrong with them, but they are just so expensive. I agree with the people who say that they are sort of a status symbol. There is nothing wrong with them, it is just they are very expensive.

cardinals27, Sep 10, 2016
  12. TheViper

cluckeyo

Mac is too expensive, it is as simple as that. I have other things to spend my money on. PC's work great. I am adapted to PC's. I am not interested in spending a bunch of extra money on an item just because of the name brand. What a waste! Windows is easy, I an sticking with Windows.

cluckeyo, Sep 10, 2016
Ask a Question