Why did you choose Apple?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by danielle davidson, Jul 2, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

vinaya

I want Apple because of its hardware. Apple also has great processing speed, apple battery back up is also good, probably the best. I think the high price of Apple is justified.

vinaya, Mar 12, 2016
  2. danielle davidson

fcuco

My last non apple laptop came with windows vista on it. Windows vista was so terrible that my laptop (a HP laptop, not some cheap brand) basically melted, I could not use that thing for any type of serious work without it starting to overheat and become slow and sluggish. I never had those problems with my older Windows XP laptops, but this laptop finally kind of exploded and it is now a brick. I decided to never buy any windows laptops again. Windows 7 was kind of nice, but then Windows 8 dropped the ball so I went Mac.

I know that I could buy a laptop and install linux on it, but I don't feel like paying for windows and then not using it, that's dumb, but I would gladly pay for a laptop that came without any OS.

So, to answer your question, Windows Vista made me switch, that thing was putrid.

fcuco, Mar 12, 2016
  3. danielle davidson

GearZ

Ugh. Vista was a spectacular piece of .... well a word that would get censored. I hadn't used it in years, but I had to test some code under a VM running said a couple weeks back. It reminded me of just how bad that release was.

GearZ, Mar 15, 2016
  4. danielle davidson

artyarson

It's pretty popular and trendy nowadays. I've heard a lot of positive stuff about Apple laptops. They are good and simple in use. That's pretty much enough.

artyarson, Apr 4, 2016
  5. danielle davidson

GearZ

The "trendiness" of any piece of technology has never done anything for me. In fact, the reverse is true: it normally turns me off from said. However, since Apple's devices "just work", I don't care how cool or uncool they are perceived. It is a matter of taking care of business.

GearZ, Apr 14, 2016
  6. danielle davidson

obliviousme

I don't have a Macbook at the moment but i'm also planning of getting one soon, and the reason why i'm switching from Windows to Mac is for one, it's Apple. Secondly, Macbook air is very sleek and classy looking. Lastly, Mac OS is pretty solid and it doesn't catch online viruses.

obliviousme, May 10, 2016
  7. danielle davidson

b1gal

Honestly, I mainly chose to get a Macbook Pro Retina for college due to my extensive iTunes library and the fact that I have the ability to use iMessage and FaceTime on it. It seems easier to integrate all these services on my phone with my computer. Also, the interface of OSX is seamless and very simplistic. I came from a Windows 7 computer tower prior to this and haven't looked back since. Gaming isn't quite an issue to me since the games that I play (CS:GO) are available for Mac users as well.

b1gal, May 10, 2016
  8. danielle davidson

Brettni

I chose my MacBook Pro because it was what I used while in high school. My school had a laptop program that allowed every student to have a MacBook Pro throughout the school year. Purchasing this computer was the greatest purchase that I have made and I will continue to buy Apple computers for the compatibility that I have with them. They do everything I need them to do and more. They might be slightly pricey, but definitely worth the purchase.

Brettni, May 24, 2016
  9. danielle davidson

MVLaHearse

I don't have an Apple laptop but I do have a Mac and I love it. I don't have issues with viruses or dragging like I did with my Windows desktop. It's fast and I never need support for it. If an issue crops up it's usually an easy fix. I think my next laptop is going to be a Macbook Pro. I have friends with Macbooks and they say they won't go back to Windows. The only thing I would say is a challenge is many companies want you to use Windows based computers if you want to work from home.

MVLaHearse, Aug 3, 2016
  10. danielle davidson

kitty

The bridge between what is and what isn't
    I love mine because it's super fast and does everything I need it to do. I'm a really 'heavy user' of my computers - I've killed netbooks (windows) in less than a year in the past. I edit photo and video regularly, as well as record music, which really takes it out of a windows computer, but my Macbook has no issue. I agree with MVLaHearse above - the challenge is if you do a lot of work from home many places stipulate a windows computer. Perhaps you could invest in a cheap Windows computer for work (there are some Windows laptops for incredibly cheap these days, especially preowned) if this applies to you?

kitty, Aug 16, 2016
  11. danielle davidson

remnant

Apple is highly regarded due to its simple but sleek design, functionality and dependability. Where I come from, Apple products are highly regarded due to their toughness and superior engineering, its a status symbol. Its also important to note that their products are durable though the price is on the higher side of things.

remnant, Sep 24, 2016
  12. danielle davidson

sidney-wvr

I find it stylish and much easier to use. It all started when I was able to own a hand me down iPhone 3G. Because of that, I never tried using android because whenever I get my hands on Samsung or other phones I'm having navigation problem where I accidentally quit apps and open unnecessary files. I'm much more familiar with Apple than other.

sidney-wvr, Dec 21, 2017
Ask a Question