Why are you on Windows/Android/IOS/other?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CasualGoofy, Mar 25, 2016.

1. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

I have been using Kindle HD a lot more because, it's smaller than iPad 2 (which is my main tablet). It barely feels like an Android, but it still got the option of installing third party apps. And the more android feeling feature of pulling down option menus. The apps are sort of not cluttering the home screen like I could on iPad 2. I actually wish iPad had a drawer feature.

The one thing that I don't like as much, is the google play store. Even amazon app store can get on my nerves. I am more invested in Apple's appstore. It may be a case of user experience, or it's more curated.

So why are you using the OS that you are right now?

CasualGoofy, Mar 25, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. CasualGoofy

IBMPC8088

I'm using other, because I value my security data, performance, and don't need it to be a picturebook when I use it. :D

There is eyecandy for the 'other' that I use (linux, bsd unix, dos, and other operating systems), but it usually isn't needed. I only use the windows/mac/android/ios devices and operating systems to be able to fix them for other people who use them in the mainstream.

IBMPC8088, Mar 25, 2016
    CasualGoofy likes this.
  3. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

I know people that swear by Linux, but I never got to use it except dos. One of these days I need to try it out! How intimidating would it be for GUI spoiled person?
    Does that mean you use virtual machine for all the mainstream OS?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
    CasualGoofy, Mar 25, 2016
  4. CasualGoofy

IcyBC

I was a Window/Android user for a long time, then my children bought an iPad for me as Christmas/birthday present. My youngest iPhone broke, so I had it fixed to use when my Android acted up. Overall, I am a forced Apple user but I am fine with them.

IcyBC, Mar 26, 2016
  5. CasualGoofy

Sefie

Windows 8.1 because it came with the laptop, Android because this mobile was a gift, but I am very happy with it :) I'd not consider getting an iPhone because of the iOS, I hate it with passion. Android is way much better.

Sefie, Mar 26, 2016
  6. CasualGoofy

vinaya

I use Windows because I cannot afford to have mac computers. I am using Android because iOS devices are very expensive.

vinaya, Apr 7, 2016
  7. CasualGoofy

obliviousme

I have a Windows computer because I'm still saving up for a macbook. I have an iphone which i really am okay with the performance. I'm an Apple fan through and through and i think their products are exceptional and very classy.

obliviousme, May 15, 2016
  8. CasualGoofy

IBMPC8088

Why don't you just get Nirseh's latest version of Apple OS X for the PC and save yourself a few hundred dollars using the same intel hardware, or AMD equivalent version?

It's a free ISO, and usually runs FASTER than OS X on an Apple computer, which is really an IBM computer with a fancy case and just Intel hardware now. It's like going to the mall and buying a jacket for $140 that only costs $45 at another store for the same exact brand and jacket. You could go to Apple and pay $140 for a $45 jacket...but why? Do you really want to give them your $95 for free?

Since Apple is just giving away OS X now, why not choose better hardware for less-than-fad prices to run it on? Why waste $95 or $950 you don't have to?

IBMPC8088, May 16, 2016
  9. CasualGoofy

amonda

I always go with android. I hate the way that Apple locks you into their system, it's annoying. I prefer to have my freedom. Windows is okay as well but just not my first choice.

amonda, Jul 5, 2016
  10. CasualGoofy

Corzhens

I have been a Windows user all my professional life because that is the authorized OS in our office especially now that I have been issued an official laptop which is regulated by the policy (I cannot install any software without asking permission). Maybe the other OS like Linux are not that difficult but I don't think I have the time to study it. Besides, if Windows is available then why do I need to learn another OS for that matter?

Corzhens, Jul 5, 2016
  11. CasualGoofy

filmjunkie08

I am using my new Samsung android cell phone. A big change from my old flip cell. I have joined the 21st century! I am using this as my laptop has joined the big motherboard in the sky.

filmjunkie08, Jul 10, 2016
  12. CasualGoofy

MVLaHearse

I like Apple products and I used to work for them but having to use iTunes was a pain and there were so many apps that I had to pay for. I've been using an Android for the past few years and it's easy to download music and media that I need. I also don't have to pay for support so if I have an issue and I need to call they are pretty quick with a solution without making me pay for a service like AppleCare. At this point I'm just used to using a Droid and I like it so I'm pretty sure I'm sticking with it for now.

MVLaHearse, Aug 3, 2016
Ask a Question