White/Blue/Black/Brown 160GB In Stock at J&R (Amazon)

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by macles, Oct 6, 2008.

1. macles

macles

2. macles

scottro

Re: White/Blue/Black 160GB In Stock at J&R (Amazon)

Interesting. J&R seems to have just gotten it in, though they're not showing it as available in the store. (That tab is missing from theJ&R write up.)

I have to say nice things about J&R by the way. I got my first AA1 there, and after 3 weeks, it gave the black screen of death. I called them (they state on their sales slip that defective merchandise is only accepted for two weeks after purchase) and they said they would take it back. (By that time, I'd already decided I really wanted the 6 cell.)

I felt that was very kind of them as they could have, rightfully, insisted that I deal with Acer for repair.

scottro, Oct 7, 2008
  3. macles

ralfaro

Just ordered a black one from Amazon (J&R). Delivering to FL between Oct 8th and Oct 13th.

Update: Delivered !!! :)

ralfaro, Oct 7, 2008
  4. macles

onlineaddy

That's strange. When I called this morning to cancel my order, they still were saying end of the month.

onlineaddy, Oct 7, 2008
  5. macles

spyderms

J&R, or Amazon?

spyderms, Oct 7, 2008
  6. macles

onlineaddy

They're one and the same. J&R is the 3rd-party merchant selling on Amazon.com. That's what the OP is letting us know.

onlineaddy, Oct 7, 2008
  7. macles

macles

They have reduced the price to $419 now, but hide it.

macles, Oct 13, 2008
  8. macles

scottro

Some people on the Amazon discussion list have called them and gotten them to meet the $399 price. Amazon is, supposedly, getting the white one in very shortly, which they will sell at $399 with free shipping.

However, the people who got the price break were able to, at the time, show J&R that others had it in stock and were shipping for $399. At present, both NewEgg and Amazon are showing it as back ordered.

I went down to J&R yesterday, (I live in NYC) and had a look. They still have black and white in stock, and it is on sale, at least at present, at $419. (But they wouldn't let me combine a coupon with it, which was fair as the coupon says it can't be combined with sales--the salesman did offer to drop another few dollars off the price though.)

For other NYC dwellers thinking of going down there, the only one on display is the 3 cell blue one. So, if you're going to go down just to look at the black and white ones, they're not being displayed.

(This is at the Park Row store. As far as I know, they don't have them in stock at the 34th Street one, at least according to their web site.)

scottro, Oct 13, 2008
  9. macles

macles

macles, Oct 17, 2008
  10. macles

kr105

I ordered mine from J&R and had to argue them down to the list price of $399. 2 day shipping was an additional $20. I did arrive quickly (as of last week, they had 180 of the blue units in stock.

kr105, Oct 23, 2008
Ask a Question