White and Blue 160GB In Stock at Amazon $399

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by macles, Oct 7, 2008.

1. macles

macles

2. macles

macles

White is now In Stock!

macles, Oct 10, 2008
  3. macles

AspireOneGuy

when do you think the blue will be back in stock at amazon?

AspireOneGuy, Oct 10, 2008
  4. macles

macles

It was In Stock for a while, when i posted the link. I guess they had so many preorders that the remaining ones sold out within a few hours.

macles, Oct 10, 2008
  5. macles

AspireOneGuy

i still have not received an e-mail to tell me when they think they will be able to ship it,

hoping by end of the month

AspireOneGuy, Oct 10, 2008
  6. macles

bosipipes

I ordered a blue on Oct 7th and received email that day stating that it should ship on the 15th.
    I don't understand why it should take that long to ship.

bosipipes, Oct 10, 2008
  7. macles

spyderms

Better than me. Ordered just now, and it's not even in stock until the 26th, delivered the 29th with 2-day shipping. Still, at least it's (kind of) on it's way :)

spyderms, Oct 11, 2008
  8. macles

bosipipes

Well I cancelled mine. It was listed in stock and now they say delivery on or around Oct 22th. I found one on Ebay for $25 more with free shipping. Will have it next week.

bosipipes, Oct 11, 2008
  9. macles

spyderms

They're in stock at Amazon again through "Buy Now Incorporated", $398.99 + Free S/H. I cancelled my other Amazon order and got this one with Expedited shipping for another $23. The Free Shipping option is 3-5 days though, which is faster than Amazons I think... (I'm impatient, lol)

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-8-9-inch-Pro ... 597&sr=8-1

spyderms, Oct 13, 2008
  10. macles

scottro

I was more impatient. :) When I realized Amazon charged me tax, I hopped a subway down to J&R and picked up a black one. It wasn't, in the end, that much more, especially as the black is still shown as out of stock at Amazon (or was this morning, I haven't checked now.)

I was actually glad to give J&R my business since they took back my 3 cell after 3 weeks (a week more than they say they will accept defective items) with no argument after I got the black screen of death.
    So, I put Fedora on a USB stick and installed it, wiping XP without booting. It was actually a bit of an ordeal--the DVD wouldn't install properly, and rather than try to figure out what I missed, I just put the live CD on the USB and installed that which went relatively smoothly.

It is a bit heavier in the hand with the larger battery, but still a nice little machine.

scottro, Oct 14, 2008
  11. macles

spyderms

No J&R's here in Phoenix or I'd definitely do the same thing! :lol:

Not too worried about the weight at all. I imagine the most carrying I'll be doing will be from my apartment to my car, and vice versa. Besides, 1.3kgs is less than any regular laptop, so what could I possibly complain about :p

I'm just really happy I won't have to wait another 2+ weeks to get it. That is, as long as Buy Now Inc doesn't pull any stunts... *knock on wood*

spyderms, Oct 14, 2008
  12. macles

scottro

typo? BTW, macles, if you continue to follow this thread, thank you so much for your pages. While I was using the Linpus version, they were a lifesaver.

Busily updating Fedora now. I can't really give a report of how well it runs yet, as I put on Rawhide (the testing version.) I'll also be throwing Ubuntu Intrepid on, for others in the house who need an easy to use interface.

scottro, Oct 14, 2008
  13. macles

spyderms

Well, Buy Now Inc. hasn't shipped my Aspire One by the date they said they would, so I've placed another order with ZipZoomFly, which actually ended up being cheaper even with 2-day shipping ($410). Hopefully one of these will ship by tomorrow...

spyderms, Oct 15, 2008
Ask a Question