WHITE 160GB FROM CDW NOT INCLUDE THE CASE?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by duonghpham, Oct 4, 2008.

1. duonghpham

duonghpham

Just wonder who oder WHITE ASPIRE 160GB XP from CDW had the laptop case come with the box?i bought the 120GB before it come with the black case,pls let me know thanks

duonghpham, Oct 4, 2008
  2. duonghpham

AceRyan

Mine did not come with the protective sleeve either. Im not sure why Acer would no longer include this accessory. I think I had seen in another thread that someone was successful in obtaining one from Acer b/c theirs was missing. Sorry, dont have the link. Im sure it'd be quite a hassle anyway.

I picked up a case at the apple store here in St. Louis that is for a 12" macbook. Obviously some extra room, but the AA1 doesnt move around much inside and it is well protected.

Off topic, but something I found quite ironic. At the apple store, all them employees carry around pocket pc's to check you out. I pointed this out to the clerk who confirmed that the irony was not lost on the staff. :)

AceRyan, Oct 4, 2008
  3. duonghpham

Oberkanone

If anyone buying in the US does get a sleeve case with their 160 GB, 6 cell then please post what color you purchased and from what vendor you purchased it from.
    I purchased a black One from CDW and I did not get a sleeve either. I know that Acer has shipped sleeve with 6 cell One's to Canada and other regions. Reports from US buyers state no sleeve. I called Acer and they stated there was not supposed to be a sleeve included with the 6 cell US version. :x
    3 cell Linux and Windows One's sold in the US did include the sleeve.

If you received a sleeve with your 6 cell or were able to get Acer to send you one let's hear about it.

Oberkanone, Oct 5, 2008
  4. duonghpham

ani88

To confirm, I just recently bought a 160GB AAO in brown and no, it did not come with a case, which is really unimportant to me since I went and bought a case anyway.

I had the 120GB white one and that came with a case, however, the case was way too thin to protect the laptop so I advise you buy a case (that is made for Asus EEE or DVD case) with padding.

ani88, Oct 5, 2008
  5. duonghpham

Dave in Eugene

I just got my white 160/6 from CDW on Friday and no, there was no sleeve. I don't think it would have even fit in the box the way the packing was designed. From the reviews I saw that mentioned and showed the sleeve, a) it didn't look like the sleeve would fit the new model's battery bulge, and b) it didn't look like a decent quality sleeve anyway.

I love this AAO, it is really everything I expected it to be. For carrying & protection there are tons of different portable DVD cases at places like Walmart, and also some decent looking memory foam hard cases with room for the AAO and accessories. But I'll probably get something like Acer used to include with the AAO - that'll probably be about right for tossing in the briefcase, and also get a smaller & lighter briefcase now that I don't have to carry around the old "full size" laptop.

Dave in Eugene, Oct 6, 2008
  6. duonghpham

Oberkanone

The sleeve fits underneath the top lid of the box when it is included with the One. There is room for it. The sleeve for the 6 cell and the 3 cell versions are different. About the quality I can not comment as I've not had my hands on one. Included sleeve would be better than nothing and Acer did ship sleeve with 6 cell versions to other countries.
    I've been to Walmart and not only did they not have any dvd player cases that fit, they did not have ANY dvd player cases.
    Circuit City had no cases that fit, not even close.
    Best Buy had two cases that fit, I think they were init brand. Both were sleeve style cases for dvd players. I may get one. What I'm really looking for is a bag that will have enough storage for a mouse and the power adapter.

Oberkanone, Oct 6, 2008
  7. duonghpham

retrac1324

I bought a white 6-cell from Amazon and did not receive a sleeve/case either, but I am planning on buying one online.

retrac1324, Oct 28, 2008
  8. duonghpham

scottro

Judging not only from these forums, but from various Amazon discussions as well, in the US, the 6 cell does not include a case. The 3 cell includes a sleeve--I'm not sure if I'd call it a case--those who have it know what I mean, it's like a black vinyl envelope with no flap, closed on three sides with an open top.

The 6 cell I got from J&R did not include a case.

scottro, Oct 28, 2008
  9. duonghpham

ptripod

Short time reader of this very useful forum, first time poster, 1-week-old AAO blue 6-cell.

Nope, no case with my blue 6-cell 160GB XP AAO, either.
    Based on the comments on Amazon associated with the AAO, I purchased the blue Case Logic XDS-9 Neoprene DVD case at Wal-Mart (the related case on the Amazon page only fits the 3-cell models). The XDS-9 fits my 6-cell Acer like a glove... perfect for me. If you can't find it a Wal-Mart, it's on sale at Case Logic's web site for $9 US. http://www.caselogic.com/neoprene_dvd_p ... lid=105110

Thanks for all the tips,
    pct

ptripod, Oct 30, 2008
Ask a Question