Which versions of the AA1 are having the most black screens?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by donec, Oct 15, 2008.

1. donec

donec

I am wondering which versions of the AA1 are having the most black screens to see if the version has an effect. So if you are having black screens please post a note here with your AA1 model number, describing your hardware and the system you are running.

(My model is a "ZG5" according to the bottom of my AA1 and I am running Onelinux with 8Gb SSD and 16Gb SDHC. BIOS InsydeH20 Setup Utility. Rev. 3.5, System BIOS Version: v0.3109, VGA BIOS Version: Intel V1585. However I do not have a black screen problem. So that is just an example.)

PS. I wanted to make this with a poll
    BIOS
    Windows
    Linux Linpus
    Linux other
    Hard drive
    No hard drive
    select all that apply

But I don't know how?

donec, Oct 15, 2008
  2. donec

joe.pelayo

Hi donec.

I'd consider a relevant factor for the 'voters' to include the BIOS version.

I am not sure (don't have the AAO with me right now) but I guess I have the same model as you (8GB SSD) in my case I am using Linpus Linux (which I customized a bit) and the internal 'specs' are, from the BIOS:

InsydeH20 Setup Utility. Rev. 3.5
    System BIOS Version: v0.3109
    VGA BIOS Version: Intel V1585

So far have not experienced any problem but I only have 3 days with the machine. Just today I found a post of someone wanting to downgrade his BIOS to the version my machine has, so probably I am on the safe side.

Thanks.
    Joe.

joe.pelayo, Oct 15, 2008
  3. donec

donec

The BIOS idea is a good one Joe thanks.

donec, Oct 15, 2008
  4. donec

SteveSol

I was on BIOS v3114 when I got the black screen. I have the Linpus 8gb SSD version with 2 x 16gb SDHC cards and RAM upgraded to 1.5gb. I have since flashed to v3305 and its working great. I have heavily modded Linpus but don't think that was a factor in the black screen issue.

SteveSol, Oct 16, 2008
Ask a Question