Which version of Windows XP Home is pre-installed on 751h?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by shadz, Apr 1, 2010.

1. shadz

shadz

Hello people! I have an Acer 751h - 1145 and needed to format it.

The Product Key says "Windows XP Home Edition Acer Incorporated" and I do not have the original Acer Installation discs.
    I need to find out which Installation disc I need to Install windows xp on it.

I tested an Windows XP Home sp 3 Retail, but the key is wrong for it. So, it's OEM, VLM or other version... can you guys tell me, please, which version is?

Thank you guys!

shadz, Apr 1, 2010
  2. shadz

shadz

Solved! It's OEM version. =]

shadz, Apr 2, 2010
  3. shadz

Nissan_350Z

btw if you dont want to use a disc you could just use rthe built in recovery system to restore your system cleanly to factory defaults and all. to get to it you just turn on the laptop and push Alt and F10 and hold them until it shows it loading the built in recovery.. hope this helps!!

Nissan_350Z, Apr 2, 2010
  4. shadz

Pytheas

This method only works in the case you haven't messed up with the second partition found in the hard disk. If you have formatted it or altered its contents this method is not going to work, as all the files needed for the recovery are found in this specific partition.

Pytheas, Apr 2, 2010
  5. shadz

shadz

Thank you guys for the help, but my recovery is lost I think. When I push alt+f10 on the start nothing happens (I activated it on Bios config), and the recovery partition seems to not be there, since I not see it when formatting the HD to install windows XP.

Maybe I deleted the recovery partition when installing Windows 7, but I don't remember to do this. Or, my vendor sell this netbook with all partitions formatted, because when I received it, my windows XP was in portuguese-braziliam already, and not on windows XP home edition.

Thanks guys!

I'm sending it for repair the freezes, and because this, I needed to format and put a fresh install of original windows that comes with 751h.

shadz, Apr 2, 2010
Ask a Question