Which OS works best on Acer Aspire One D270?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Laura4711, Jun 18, 2012.

?

Which OS works best on Acer Aspire One D270?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2012.
  1. ubuntu

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. mint

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. kubuntu

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. chrunchbang linux

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Laura4711

Laura4711

I have an Acer Aspire One D270 which came with Linpus Linux MeeGo. I have it for two days and couldn't install anything yet, as it does not know about yum. Does not seem to know about xfce either, as i tried to access the settings. I tried almost every advice found on several forums but it won't work, not even with simple things like Skype or Libreoffice, to mention a few.

Another big disappointment is that the power button only works now for turning it on and if you want to turn it of or hibernate, not a chance!
    I can only turn it off by pressing the button for a long time and forcing the hard drive to stop working.

Although i thought there must be a way i learned how to get along with Linpus and not make major changes in my new Aspire One, i decided to install another OS, but which one?

I use Ubuntu on my desktop for quite a while and I'm very happy with it, but i learned there are some minor compatibility issues with this netbook.

I did some research on how do several OSs (Ubuntu, Mint, Kubuntu, Windows) work on netbooks like mine and Ubuntu seems to be the most appropriate.

Although I also mentioned Windows and it seems to work just fine on Asipre One, i would really want to have a Linux based OS on my netbook.

So, what OS should i choose? What do you think would work best?

I am really looking forward for your answers, as it's quite frustrating to have this new toy and not being able to do almost anything with it. :confused:

Laura4711, Jun 18, 2012
  2. Laura4711

ryptyde

I've been dual booting Fedora and WinXP on a AAO150 and AAO250 since 2008 no problems but ymmv.

ryptyde

ryptyde, Sep 17, 2012
  3. Laura4711

john

Windows 7 Ultimate would ideal.

john, Oct 3, 2012
  4. Laura4711

RockDoctor

I may be lateto the party, but I got my AOA150-1570 early on. It currently multiboots Fedora. Ubuntu, and WInXP, but has also, in the past, seen Mint, PCLinuxOS, Puppy, Crunchbang, and a few others successfully boot and run. I'm partial to the LXDE desktop; by the time I'm done settin it up the way I want it, one distro ends up looking like another.

RockDoctor, Nov 20, 2012
Ask a Question