which one is better, EWF or flashpoint?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by amille, Apr 9, 2009.

1. amille

amille

SSD is slow, and I find 2 solution to solve it.which one is better?

For EWF, I think all people already know it. If you don't know flashpoint, please see the author's blog as blow
    http://zflashpoint.blogspot.com/

amille, Apr 9, 2009
  2. amille

jackluo923

flashpoint.

EWF is pretty much useless if you frequently write things to the SSD>

jackluo923, Apr 9, 2009
  3. amille

adrianaitken

EWF since flashpoint is just a beta.

There you go, a balanced argument/answer :D

Seriously though, I use EWF since I have the 'My Documents' folder on a 32Gb SDHC on my AAO and there is no need for Windows (or anything else) to write anywhere else. It is also good because it hides your surfing tracks when you switch off and if you get infected with a virus/trojan then it's cleared when you reboot. So save memory not having to install/run AV software.
    I've two batch files, one to stop it (if I need to install a program, do windows update etc) and one to start it again (so I'm safe and secure).

adrianaitken, Apr 9, 2009
  4. amille

clawmvp

flashpoint +1

clawmvp, Apr 10, 2009
  5. amille

Tamrac

Flashpoint as well.... ;)

Tamrac, Apr 10, 2009
  6. amille

dskid807

EWF I find, the One boots a loot quicker with it and the SSD isnt constantly used. Most of my programs run from a class 6 16gb card in the slot too. I have no slowdowns, and windows boots quite quickly too. With Spotify, WLM with Messenger Plus, Messenger Discovery, ESET Smart Security and FF with 8 tabs I'm hitting 487mb used including ewf mem used. My One has been on for a few hours too, with temp files on the SSD. It works fine, better than flashpoint ever did.
    Just my 2 cents.

dskid807, Apr 10, 2009
  7. amille

grwkak

It may depend on your system RAM. I have 512 megs -with XP using EWF and prefetch and paging turned off it did not take long to fill the overlay, especially when my antivirus updated. But performance was excellent (no lags). For me Flashpoint works better - although I lose 32 megs for the buffer I only use email and browser apps so do not run into memory issues.

Guy

grwkak, Apr 10, 2009
  8. amille

terence

I was seriously disappointed with the lag periods on my AAO with SSD when I bought it, but Flashpoint changed all that. I run a full XP Pro with heavy-duty apps like the latest CorelDraw, and with FlashPoint there's now virtually no difference in speed between my AAO and my fairly modern desktop machine. So I'd definitely recommend Flashpoint. Price is great too! :D

terence, Apr 11, 2009
  9. amille

geothanos

Flashpoint!!! :mrgreen:

geothanos, Apr 12, 2009
  10. amille

BrandonMB

I have to say that after spending alot of time using EWF, I eventually scrapped my Windows installation in favor of moving to Linux. I found that after using EWF for an extended period of time, that the system would become less stable, and I would frequently experience BSOD's. I have since returned to Windows with FlashPoint, and I have found that the best option is to use the Hitachi MicroDriver to trick the system into using the SD slot as a Fixed Drive, then use FlashPoint on the SSD. This gives me the best mixture of functionality and speed that I have yet seen.

BrandonMB, Apr 28, 2009
  11. amille

kuwait

Rohn's Tiny XP and flashpoint is awesome combination. It is so fast that is considerable more faster than my big laptop with hard drive and 2.5GB RAM

kuwait, Apr 28, 2009
Ask a Question