Which of these three distris should I use?

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by Cralex, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Cralex

Cralex

Hey, guys. I'm planning to buy "The One" in the near future and I'm wondering if anyone can help me decide which distribution I should use to get Leopard on the One. I have never used anything osx86 before, but I'm fairly good with computers.
    Here's what I want:
    Small file size- I will probably need to install off of my 4G flash drive unless the USB on the back of my FireWire optical drive isn't just a passthrough.
    Upgradable
    Voodoo kernel with hyper-threading
    Best OSX Experience the One can offer

Here's what I don't care about:
    Extra software with the distro- I can install everything I need later.
    Multi-boot- I only want OSX on this.
    Here are the three distros that I am considering:
    1. Iatkos: I know the most about this one from hanging out on their boards. I've also heard that the filesize is one of the lowest. Finally, I like the detailed install guide that had been put together for installing iatkos on the One. No matter which distro I use, I want pratically all of the features that are mentioned in the guide. I'm not afraid to put some effort into making it work.

2. Ideneb: although I know very little about this one, I hear that it may be the easiest one to install, and the short guide here seems to prove it. What I'm curious about is does the automation of ideneb cover all of the important bases that those using the iatkos guide cover manually? How does it compare?
    3. Ipc: I know even less about it, but I've seen here and there at this board that using ipc is currently the only way to get any kind of solution for the notorious sleeping issue. The problem is I don't see any kind of install guide here and I don't know how it compares to the other two. This makes me cautious.
    Anyway, thanks in advance for you time and advice. I hope to visit on my One Hackintosh soon!

Cralex, Mar 4, 2009
  2. Cralex

Thor316c

Thor316c, Mar 4, 2009
Ask a Question