Which Linux recovery disk for AAO 10" 8GB SSD 512 MB RAM?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by mf50, Feb 23, 2010.

1. mf50

mf50

Greetings,

I have this model of AAO, which I bought in october 2008 with Linpus preinstalled

A couple of weeks ago it started to not work in weird ways (touchpad and external mouse freezing after a while, ethernet not working, X not even starting sometimes and ABOVE all it said it had copied files to USB external drive but file weren't there...) that made me think to serious software corruption, maybe mixed with disk corruption.

This morning I have booted Kuki Linux and everything works fine, with the exception of the external mouse. At this point, I would like to reinstall the original Linpus on the AAO, because Kuki Linux has no OpenOffice and I need openoffice back on that netbook asap.

I have looked in this forum, including this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=17053

but I confess I am not sure yet if the image mentioned there is OK for the AA0 model I have, or even if it's a Linpus image (and yes, I can't find at home the original recovery CD :-( )

So here are the question:

what is the exact procedure to restore from scratch the original Linpus on that model of AAO, using an USB external hard disk (I have no usb CDROM drive) which image should I download, and how do I put it on the USB key? Is unetbootin OK or there is some other method?

I have no problem to reformat everything, I have already saved all the files that were in the internal SSD and considering the problems above I should reformat it anyway at this point, shouldn't I?

Thank you in advance for any feedback, this netbook is a really cool computer and I really hope to restore back to full operation!

M.

mf50, Feb 23, 2010
Ask a Question