which laptop should i buy

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by AKA, Mar 21, 2023.

1. AKA

AKA

Can you guys help me finding laptops with the following specs

-Core i5 or i7, 8th Generation
    -RAM-8GB
    -Storage- Minimum 500GB Solid state drive
    -Screen- 15 inches LED Screen
    -Networking-WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth, Bluetooth

Accessories
    3 USB ports
    Ethernet Network Port
    WIFI
    Bluetooth
    2 power sockets (backup c-type and conventional sockets)
    HDMI port
    Earphone jack
    Fingerprint reader
    Web Camera

Thank you

AKA, Mar 21, 2023
  2. AKA

Zegg Bash

Some laptop models that meet these specifications are:

• Dell XPS 15
    • HP Spectre x360
    • Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon
    • ASUS ZenBook 15
    • Acer Aspire 5
    • Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
    • Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch (2018)
    There may be other models from different brands that meet these requirements as well, but these are some popular options to consider.

Zegg Bash, Apr 5, 2023
  3. AKA

MrDale93

That seems like a fairly specific set of specs you're looking for there, mind if I ask what you want it for - or is this just something you want as you'd like it to be modern?
    It may be easier to aim at getting something with the right generation CPU and then try to find the other features included based on this.

I don't know of any laptops that have type C power & a backup too, but there could be something out there I suppose. Perhaps somebody else could jump in and name some of them.

A good option to look into could be the HP series. They're usually well built and have a good set of features, as do the Asus laptops but they can be more expensive than some of the others.
    Acer are great, and they also offer an OK selection of good features at a decent price point plus they seem to last forever. Avoid Apple, you'll pay far too much for even the older generations of hardware/software, and its just one big eco system that's hard to leave once you're in it.

Just as a small money saving tip, for the ram, if you managed to find something with 4gb ram that was modular (upgrade-able) you'd be able to add more ram very easily. It requires no real skill just turn the machine off, put the card in the slot and turn it back on again. If you do that though, try and use two sticks of 4gb rather than 1 stick of 8gb as dual channel is typically faster than single channel.

MrDale93, Apr 6, 2023
Ask a Question