Which Laptop Should I Buy?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Emily Elkins, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Emily Elkins

Emily Elkins

I teach online classes via video chat and I am looking for a new laptop. I currently have a Lenovo Chromebook and an HP Stream X7S45UA. I love the efficiency and speed of the Chromebook, but it doesn't seem to work with the platform on which I teach. There's always an echo in the classroom and I haven't been able to get rid of it, even when I try USB and bluetooth headsets, speakers, and webcams. The HP works fine, but I've recently run into some problems with it charging properly. It also runs slowly.

I would like some recommendations on which laptop would be best for me. I typically use my Chromebook for most of my work outside of teaching, so I don't necessarily need something with a lot of storage. The quality of the speakers/webcam is also not a big concern because I always use a good pair of headphones and a nice USB webcam. I just want something that is reliable, has decent battery life, runs quickly and smoothly, and is not a Chromebook.

I would like to spend less than $600 on a laptop, but if there's not one in that price range that meets my qualifications then I am willing to invest more. Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you for your help!

Emily Elkins, Apr 25, 2017
  2. Emily Elkins

sachinkumar12

Dell is the best company for laptop

sachinkumar12, May 8, 2017
  3. Emily Elkins

Tech_Man

Well, i do lot of presentations with Raspberry Pi 3 and have not found any problem. For around 600 dollars HP X60 is really good since it has convertible feature or if you want to deal with Apple then you could try Macbook Pro.

Tech_Man, May 22, 2017
Ask a Question