Which laptop should I buy? UX430 or UX331 from ASUS?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by JezT, May 15, 2018.

1. JezT

JezT

The ones i’m contemplating between have about the same price. I hear the 430 has really bad PWM monitor but I think im not gonna get affected by it (hopefully, idk ive never tried pwm screens).

The 430 also has coil whine and overheating issues if im correct? The 331 on the other hand has none of these issues but i’m more attracted to the thinner bezels and bigger 14′’ display of the 430.

Im planning to code and game light like fortnite, dota, csgo and darksouls. I prefer a 14′’ display yet the 331 has 13.3′’ although it is touchscreen and brighter and better but it is glossy and a huge fingerprint magnet. Glossy meaning i wouldnt be able to work outdoors since it will just keep reflecting light on my face.

I need some advice on which one to choose. Someone probably to change my mind bout 13 and 14 inch displays is the difference not noticable? I feel like the 13 inch is too small.

Specs are: 8th gen i5, Mx150,8GB ram, and 256SSD, 1080 montior for both. 430 is matte and 331 is glossy. Also i heard coilwhine is loud from the 430 coming from the SSD and the fans is audible as well.

update: if anyone has other laptop suggestions with the same specs preferably 14 inches with backlit keyboard and is around 1.2kg please tell me id be happy to look for others

also, vivobook s14 also looks good what but i have no knowledge about whats good in it or not

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    JezT, May 15, 2018
Ask a Question