Which laptop (not Windows 8) for every day use?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by rastus0706, Apr 4, 2015.

1. rastus0706

rastus0706

Hi All,

Am looking to replace my current laptop (Windows based), and there are so many options out there I'm getting confused. So - here's what I'm looking for:

Budget: US$ 500 or below (though if convinced it's worth it could spend US$ 700)
    Use: Everyday bits and pieces - word processing and spreadsheets, internet browsing, music (Itunes), and photos.
    I do also travel with my laptop so a lightweight option would be good - up to 4lbs preference.
    Storage - don't want something with a really small hard drive as I work and live in a remote area with sometimes limited internet connection, so don't want to have to always be using Cloud based storage. However if it's the right price I could always opt for an external hard drive in addition where needed.

I had looked at perhaps a hybrid, but they all seem to be Windows 8, which I'm not all that keen to get into.
    Chromebooks look like they could work, but am not sure about the limitations placed by the Chrome operating system (can I put Itunes on it for instance?)

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

rastus0706, Apr 4, 2015
Ask a Question