Which laptop is the best from my list

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Nikolas theofilou, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Nikolas theofilou

Nikolas theofilou

1)Acer Aspire E5-573G-33N4 (i3-5005U/4GB/1TB/GeForce 940M/Linux) 414 €

2)Dell Inspiron 5558 (i3-5005U/4GB/1TB/GeForce 920M/W10)423€

3)Asus X540LJ-XX105T (i3-4005U/8GB/1TB/GeForce 920M/W10) 500€

Nikolas theofilou, Jun 12, 2016
  2. Nikolas theofilou

SirJoe

These computers are very identical, but the asus does have that extra ram. When people buy a laptop with less ram they always say that they will increase it later, the thing is they don't. So if I had to choose I would go with the Asus.

SirJoe, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Nikolas theofilou

Vash

Each has its pros and cons when compare to the other.

The first two have slightly better CPU than the third, but only half the RAM than the third option.
    The first one has the better graphics card than the other two.
    However, is Linux what you really want? It can be great for those who are used to it, but if you haven't used Linux before, it is not recommended.

I really do not understand why the third option is the most expensive. Its only pro is having double the RAM capacity. It is only useful if you use memory intense program or multi-tasking a lot. Performance wise, the first one is the strongest (but not by much) with the combo of the best CPU and graphics card.

So it comes down what you use your computer for. If you are a gamer, the first option is probably the best (by small margin). Otherwise, go for the third option.

Vash, Jun 26, 2016
Ask a Question