Which laptop is best for my needs?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Gregp77, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Gregp77

Gregp77

I'm looking to buy a laptop so that I can remote connect to my work machine using VMware. I'd like to keep it reasonable especially since this will be the only thing I use it for. Does anyone have any recommendations or specs I should be paying attention to? I am considering the ASUS Zenbook UX305FA-USM1 for $599.

Thanks!!

Gregp77, Oct 6, 2015
  2. Gregp77

Brian8gbSSDLinux

One of the problems in this life #Gregp77, is that One mans meat is another mans poison...

to my mind, your computer seems to be 'just a device to continue working at home on - and keeping most everything back at the Office'...

if that is true, then I, me, myself would go for an HP Stream, 13.2" of sleek laptop, 2Gb RAM and a 32 Gb Storage card (not an SSD but just as fast) it is lightweight, and a choice of Intel N2840 or Intel Celeron Dual core CPU's - again, NOT FAST ... but if it is only Office work and Internet - then that doesn't matter...

This and other modern Laptops do NOT have upgradeable RAM on SSD's - these are 'built in' to the Motherboard
    You get exactly what it says on the tin...

But they are CHEAP - both of these laptops retail for LESS than £200 / $200 in US

To 'increase' memory you can fit an (up to) 32Gb micro USB x10 card in the USB Slot. (must be x10 - that's fast) do not use cheap 'slow' memory cards. you'd need the extra card if you upgrade to Windows 10 because the 'normal storage drive hasn't got room for Windows 8.1, Windows 10 Upgrade files AND the room in which to install Windows 10...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Gregp77

Brijesh Gohil

I would recommend you to buy laptop with more storage and RAM as you are using VM Ware, all your OS will be able to run smoothly if you have enough RAM and storage.

Brijesh Gohil, Oct 24, 2015
Ask a Question