Which laptop brand is your favorite, in terms of price–performance ?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Kavon, Jul 16, 2016.

1. Kavon

Kavon

During the past few years, I purchased two laptops made by Lenovo. As you know, they're a Chinese company. I originally bought them for their low price, but they turned out to be great laptops. I wasn't expecting much, but they turned out to be very durable, and I used them for many years without any problems.

What other great laptop brands are there, that people can buy when they're on a budget?

Kavon, Jul 16, 2016
    1. Advertisements

2. Kavon

Corzhens

Although my laptop is an HP, Acer is the most popular laptop for personal use in the office. Most of my colleagues prefer Acer because it is cheaper and cost-effective, according to their review. But I have a suspicion that they have a vendor who sells them cheap Acer that's why almost all of them own an Acer. My only experience with laptop is HP so I would go for an HP since it is good in terms of performance. However, when talking of the price, I have to admit that it is expensive.

Corzhens, Jul 16, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. Kavon

Fuzyon

In terms of price-performance I feel like a Chromebook is a good bet if you're looking for a laptop that can do basic browsing and you don't mind ChromeOS. Refurbished laptops from Asus or Clevo are also really good because they're made to last a long time.

Fuzyon, Jul 16, 2016
  4. Kavon

vinaya

Lenovo is the only Chinese product that I can trust. It is a great Chinese laptop brand. It is very affordable. If you are thinking to get a good laptop on a budget,you should go for Lenovo. After, Lenovo, you can trust HP for competitive price and good performance. My current laptop is HP. Acer is also a good performing laptop on a budget

vinaya, Jul 16, 2016
  5. Kavon

rz3300

Well I always was a Dell man up until recently, and I am not really sure why that changed. For some reason when I started buying laptops and no more desktops I just saw more options and decided to go with something else. I do like the cheaper brands, and I have gone to Chromebooks lately and my Samsung is working very well. I also have Samsung phones and all that stuff, so I would say Samsung as of right now.

rz3300, Jul 17, 2016
  6. Kavon

SirJoe

I don't really have a favorite brand. I like to have a hands on approach before buying a laptop, I will look at the characteristics and the build quality and base my decision on buying the laptop on that.

SirJoe, Aug 21, 2016
  7. Kavon

vinaya

My favorite laptop brand is HP.I have used more HP laptops than any other else. HP has a sleek design, it has a great battery performance, great performance speed and is also has durability. Comparatively, HP also has a great price, it comes under the budge of all kinds of people.HP is also one of the highest selling brands.

vinaya, Aug 22, 2016
  8. Kavon

Aree Wongwanlee

I am also using a Lenovo. It's an Ideapad 100. I also use a Lenovo smartphone. The smartphone is a bit quirky in that the UI wasn't like the one I was used to but I solved the problem by changing the ROM. The laptop was bought after doing a lot of price/specifications comparisons. The final decision to buy the Lenovo was sealed when the dealer gave a special offer.

So far, I have no complaints about my Lenovo laptop. It's performing as expected. I use it heavily, up to 20 hours continuously everyday, playing World of Warcraft. I will see how long it lasts. The last laptop I had lasted for many years.

Aree Wongwanlee, Aug 22, 2016
  9. Kavon

acerme2

I'm using and Acer laptop which is really a budget laptop. Performance-wise, I'd say it's good enough for its price. It's durable, too, because I've been quite abusive with it and it hasn't complained so far. I'm not expecting much from it because it's an entry level model but it's good enough for my purpose which is basically to write content and ebooks.

Most laptops in our office are mostly Acer, too so that encouraged me to buy one for myself. Lenovo is an innovative and progressive brand but at the time I made my purchase, a Lenovo laptop with the same specs as my Acer cost way higher. In addition, the seller threw in a free Brother deskjet printer so that sealed the deal for my Acer.

acerme2, Aug 22, 2016
  10. Kavon

cluckeyo

I am very pleased with HP. You can't beat their prices. I got a great 15 inch laptop, quad core, long life battery for just over $300, turn key. I couldn't be happier with it. It performs great! I have always gone with Dell because that company is local to me. But this time I really needed to conserve cash and I do not regret switching.

cluckeyo, Aug 22, 2016
  11. Kavon

111kg

I've been using my Dell laptop for almost 5-6 years without a problem. They have relatively cheap, but reliable products. However, there is one major disadvantage: the battery. From my knowledge, all the Dell laptops have weak batteries, reason why I'm thinking to save money for an upgrade on Black Friday this year.

111kg, Aug 26, 2016
  12. Kavon

SirJoe

My computer is also a Lenovo, but I didn't buy it for the name mostly for the specs. Lenovo is a unknown brand were I come from so it was a risk. I can't say that I am too happy with it, I expected a bit more from it after having read reviews on the net about it.

SirJoe, Aug 26, 2016
  13. Kavon

Vash

Lenovo used to manufacture computers for IBM before IBM sold their PC division to Lenovo. Now IBM even sold their low end server division to Lenovo. Anyway, it means Lenovo had good quality products and services to begin with.

Other top brands for laptops are Asus, Acer. Sony just quit the game a few years ago.
    Microsoft is new to the laptop market but their Surface Pro lines are very good. I am using one Surface Pro 4 at this very moment to type this message. It is on the high end of the productivity category though. So the price is high but I think it is totally worth it if you have the need to be on the go and work from everywhere.

Vash, Aug 26, 2016
  14. Kavon

rz3300

Well I have tended to go through phases when it comes to my favorites in terms of laptops, but right now I am loving Samsung as a brand for everything, so I have one of their Chromebooks and I love the thing. For the bigger computers, though, I have always been a Dell user and I do not really see that changing. Maybe something new is in the works, though, and all we can do is wait and see I suppose. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 26, 2016
  15. Kavon

Aree Wongwanlee

No, I didn't buy my Lenovo for the name either. However Lenovo is not an unknown brand to me, since I am already using a Lenovo smartphone. Like I mentioned earlier, it was the special offer that clinched the deal. If you look at the offers on the market, you will notice that they are all very close in specs. So, if at the time I was buying, say, an Acer dealer gave me a special deal, I would probably have bought an Acer.

Aree Wongwanlee, Aug 30, 2016
  16. Kavon

SirJoe

I also bought mine at a discount. Where I live Lenovo is a new comer and relatively unknown, but it's making it's way into the market. Curiously enough my choices was between a Lenovo and a Acer. I went with the Lenovo because it was a better deal.

SirJoe, Sep 1, 2016
  17. Kavon

Krissttina Isobe

I'm buying my first 2 in 1 laptop of an HP, because they got extra virus protection for their laptops built in, but I'm still window shopping for a 2 in 1 with camera. keyboard, usb ports i3, 4GB ram and 2GB for multitasking, don't laugh under $250.

Krissttina Isobe, Sep 2, 2016
  18. Kavon

BlueText

Personally, I've loved the two Macs I've had. They handled my big programs well and I just like how they work. I have to admit the initial price with the protection plan is steep but the laptop will last you three years without breaking down constantly. It's just reliable and I find that it's cheaper to spend more money for a laptop that lasts than to keep replacing the laptop or all my time fixing it.

BlueText, Sep 2, 2016
  19. Kavon

Aree Wongwanlee

I remember that I have tried a HP laptop before. The touchpad was different. It had a very positive feel with a matt surface. If price isn't a factor, then I might have looked for a HP when I shop for a new laptop. As it is, all things being equal, price does play a big part in influencing my decision to buy.

Aree Wongwanlee, Sep 5, 2016
  20. Kavon

gwood

In my opinion no other brand has better value for price than Acer. It has the best price to performance ratio. They have decent specs and is much cheaper than say Dell or HP for similar specs. The last long as well and performance is decent enough.

gwood, Sep 5, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question