Which laptop brand is the best to buy?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Nikolas theofilou, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Nikolas theofilou

Nikolas theofilou

Guys I need help! I think that the top windows laptop brands are: dell,acer and Asus. I find 3 laptops with the same specifications That I think is good for me but in this 3 different brands. Which one of this 3 brands is the best and why?

Nikolas theofilou, Jun 12, 2016
    author33 likes this.
  2. Nikolas theofilou

vinaya

I cannot say about Acer and Asus, for I have never used these brands. However, I have tried Dell and I can definitely recommend dell. Dell is one of the strongest laptops in the market. If durability is your main concern, go for dell. I know people who have used Acer,they say it is a good machine.

vinaya, Jun 12, 2016
    author33 and Nikolas theofilou like this.
  3. Nikolas theofilou

Nikolas theofilou

Thanks for your advice!!!

Nikolas theofilou, Jun 13, 2016
    author33 likes this.
  4. Nikolas theofilou

Vash

Usually you can't go wrong with any of the top brands. To just be sure, you need to check the customer reviews on individual PC models. Sometimes a single model might have some special problems. You may also want to check online for customer support of each brand which is also an important factor to consider.

Personally I have owned only two laptops so far. The first one was a Dell Vostro 1500. A heavy but powerful business model. It lasted me 7 years. Yes, 7 years... So I'd say it was of high quality.

Right now I am on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4. While I am pleased with this device so far (2-in-1), I have only owned it for about 7 months. Not sure if it will last as long as the Dell Vostro 1500.

As for ASUS, I have bought many motherboards from them to build my desktop PCs. They at least made great motherboards.
    No experience with Acer.

Vash, Jun 13, 2016
  5. Nikolas theofilou

Corzhens

My husband is in the process of finalizing his choice for a laptop, it's just the cost that is delaying the purchase. But since my official computer issued by our office is an HP and I have a good experience with it for more than 2 years, so his choice is narrowed down to an HP with i3 processor and HP with an i7 processor.

But regarding your list of choice, I guess Dell, Asus and Acer are all good laptops. Maybe you can get the cheapest if it serves your needs.

Corzhens, Jun 13, 2016
  6. Nikolas theofilou

williamjohn

HP is the best laptop to buy.

williamjohn, Jun 13, 2016
  7. Nikolas theofilou

Vash

While HP has the largest market share in laptops at this moment, the term "best" is not exactly correct. Just what is a HP laptop "best" at? The performance? The appearance? Durability? The price? The term "best" is nothing more than personal opinion and preference.

Like I said, all top brands have solid quality products. As for which exactly model you want to buy, you may check the performance to cost ratio, as well as reviews for each individual model before make the decision.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    Vash, Jun 15, 2016
  8. Nikolas theofilou

Jay Bokhiria

ASUS or Dell.

Jay Bokhiria, Jun 16, 2016
    author33 likes this.
  9. Nikolas theofilou

Fuzyon

I have an Acer right now and I'm pretty happy with it (it's a gaming laptop) except for the cooling system and build, I think Asus is the better company to go with in this regard. As for work/lightweight laptop I always liked what Dell brings to the table, their business laptops are really good, sturdy and have great battery life.

Fuzyon, Jun 16, 2016
    author33 likes this.
  10. Nikolas theofilou

jamesgonzales

I would say acer. I was using one acer laptop during my college days. I bought it 7 years back. Now also it is with me. Its speaker has some complaints, other ways it is perfect.

jamesgonzales, Jun 16, 2016
    author33 likes this.
  11. Nikolas theofilou

SirJoe

I think you have to compare the computers themselves and not buy a computer because it's one or other brand. I'm not saying that you should go out there and buy a no name brand but if you feel confident in those three brands just choose the one that offers the most for the least amount of money.

SirJoe, Jun 28, 2016
    author33 likes this.
  12. Nikolas theofilou

author33

I think you shouldn't buy a laptop depends on its brand. You should buy a laptop which made you feel comfortable

author33, Jul 11, 2016
  13. Nikolas theofilou

GearZ

I have had really bad luck with Dells, so stay away from them now. HP has, generally, been solid over the years. And in recent memory I've stuck with MacBooks. I can, and do, run Mac OS X and Windows 7 via Boot Camp and various Linuxes under a VM.

GearZ, Jul 13, 2016
  14. Nikolas theofilou

cluckeyo

My last one was a Dell that I bought in 2008. tI has been a great machine, just lately acting funky. So I bought a new one, an HP, and I love it so far. Interestingly, we started trying to clean up the old Dell and after a reformat, I think it is going to be ok. It might be nice having 2 laptops.

cluckeyo, Jul 16, 2016
Ask a Question