Which forum should I put my question?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by penang, Feb 7, 2012.

1. penang

penang

Hi, I just signed up to this forum and I have a problem with my Asus Aspire laptop

However, I do not know which forum to post the question, so please allow me to describe a bit of my problem and hopefully someone can point me to the right forum to post my question:

My laptop came with a network adapter which has an Atheros AR5007 chip and everything was ok, until ...

Until someone borrowed my laptop and then did some "driver update"

For some reason, that fella updated the WRONG driver for the network adapter. Now, the Device Manager is telling me that I have an Atheros AR 9287 chip.

No matter how I "update" the driver or change the configuration, the Device Manager is still telling me that the AR9287 is installed in my laptop instead of the AR5007 chip

The problem with having the Network Adapter chip wrongly identified is that the Network Adapter isn't working properly. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't want to work.

Can someone please tell me which forum should I post my question?

Thank you !

penang, Feb 7, 2012
  2. penang

nestone

You don't mention your netbook model number. Suggest you go to the Acer website: www.Acer.com and go to the support tab and enter your model number there. Then choose your operating system and download the appropriate driver

nestone, Feb 7, 2012
Ask a Question