Where do I find a £ sign on an USA acer aspire one

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by JOHN REID, Jan 4, 2010.

1. JOHN REID

JOHN REID

I have vrecently returned to the UK with an Acer Aspire One purchased in Miami and cannot find or access a £ sign.
    Can anyone help please?
    John R.

JOHN REID, Jan 4, 2010
  2. JOHN REID

chasmanor

Fn NumLk (F11) > ALT 156 (on number pad)

chasmanor, Jan 4, 2010
  3. JOHN REID

CZroe

I'm sure there's a better way... like remapping the key.

CZroe, Feb 17, 2010
  4. JOHN REID

CZroe

This utility can edit the registry to set the Euro or Pound symbol to an unused key, like Caps Lock, Scroll Lock, etc.

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/f ... ption.html

I was hoping that it had a way to switch the 4/$ key to 4/Euro or 4/Pound, but it doesn't/can't. I don't think it works with Vista or Win7 either.

There is a "Regional and Language Options" Control Panel applet that lets you set currency and date types for applications, but it didn't seem to change what my keyboard types with the 4/$ key (perhaps with a restart?). I think it's just for applications to know how to present data.

I'd like to stick some clear rubberized dome stickers over my backspace, Enter, and PgUp/Dwn keys so I can feel for them. They'd have to be very thin though. I can't believe how hard it is to use the arrow key and PU/PD by touch alone, especially seeing as how they are in their own little grid. For example, when feeling around, I end up thinking I'm on the PU key and yet I'm on the Up key even though it felt like the upper-right corner of the grid!

CZroe, Feb 18, 2010
Ask a Question