Where did my wifi go? RAM upgrade or change of OS the prob?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by wanderlust, Mar 2, 2009.

1. wanderlust

wanderlust

Hi there.
    I bought an A150 a week or so ago for photo storage etc on my travels. I'm not at all knowledgeable about computers but I've tried to read up on this and some other forums. Everything seemed to work fine out of the box, wireless included.
    A friend of a friend who has his own computer repair company dropped my RAM upgrade in for me at the weekend as a favour to my mate. Now, I know he obviously knows what he's doing but it sounded like he had next to no experience with netbooks. The upgrade seemed fine and the RAM was recognised.
    I wanted to change the OS to XP so I used the usb drive I'd recently bought to install it and I thought everything was alright. I'd briefly been on the net, but that was through a wired connection.
    It was only today that I tried to have a play with the wireless, but there was nothing. Nothing came up on the screen when I slid the switch, the little amber light didnt light up...time to panic, and ask the more enlightened AAO users if they can come to my aid! :D
    If I could recall checking the wireless straight away after he took it apart I'd be able to narrow it down, but now I've no idea if it was during the change to XP or when the unit was taken apart thats the route of my problems. If it was the latter then I guess I'd be OK with opening it up and checking connection to the switch, but with my ignorance I've no idea if it would simply be a software issue.
    PLEASE can anyone give me some pointers, as I'm due to head off to India in a couple of weeks and need to get everything installed onto a fully functional ONE before I go.

Thanks for your time guys.

wanderlust, Mar 2, 2009
Ask a Question