Where and which 1GB Memory to buy in UK for AOA 150 8.9"?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by cometomama, Mar 21, 2010.

1. cometomama

cometomama

Hi all
    I want to upgrade my two AOA 150 Ab netbooks from 512 to 1.5GB ram.
    Do you know which brand is good and increased performance of your netbook if you upgraded one?
    Could you share a link to one selling right now for a reasonable price?

thanks

cometomama, Mar 21, 2010
  2. cometomama

Swarvey Moderator

Welcome to the Forums, please read the rules and use the search function

Thread dedicated to listing compatible memory modules

From the above thread:
    The above modules have been reported as working in the A150.

Swarvey, Mar 21, 2010
  3. cometomama

cometomama

thanks and about not using the search first... I looked for specific titles on the first few pages though.
    and the link you gave me list all model and is a bit messy now. So I am sure his thread will segregate related info from that thread and attract users who specifcally want to know about this model ram upgrade.

ordered Nanya ram. will post back here how it goes.

regards

cometomama, Mar 27, 2010
  4. cometomama

Jimux

Increasing ram if the most effective way of enhancing performance, but the improvement you get depends on what you use the machine for. The improvement comes from two aspects.
    One - select a faster ram to feed the processor faster, up to the maximum recommended for the motherboard. This will give a speed improvement even if you replace one slow chip with a faster one of the same capacity.
    Two - increase total ram. This is because the operative system uses a swap file/partition as an extension of ram when it runs out of memory, but only swaps out sleeping code segments and data so not all applications benefit. Open all the applications that you normally use together and also a terminal session. Set an application to perform an intensive task then switch to the terminal.
    Issue the command free [enter]
    This will show how much swap space you are using, and you should provide at least twice as much extra ram as the used swap. If you have an empty swap file and unused ram then you are unlikely to get any benefit from extra ram.

Jimux, Mar 27, 2010
Ask a Question