What's your main browser?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Sefie

nytegeek

IE is no longer being developed, that is why. It has been replaced by Microsoft with Edge.

nytegeek, May 14, 2016
    Novelangel likes this.
  2. Sefie

sparkster

Well, up until recently I was still using Windows 7 so I was originally using Mozilla Firefox. However, that changed recently after my old laptop packed in for good and I ended up buying a brand new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10. So, since having the new laptop I've pretty much been using Microsoft Edge. It's been doing the job just fine and so I haven't really thought about trying out another browser.

sparkster, May 14, 2016
  3. Sefie

Novelangel

Yeah, I finally figured that out the other day. At the moment I have both I.E. and Microsoft Edge, as well as Firefox and Chrome, so I have several options to pick from. I need to adjust to the idea of no longer being able to use my favorite browser, I guess. Progress is killing me. Sigh. ;)

Novelangel, May 15, 2016
  4. Sefie

TessV

I use Chrome most of the time now. I used to love Firefox, but Chrome works so well on my phone and tablet that I started using it at home, too. It's quick, it does what I need it to do with no drama (I'm looking at you, Firefox and your snits over various plugins), and it has some handy little features that I love, like instantly being able to find which tab has the annoying noisy ad playing so that I can shut it up. It's a small thing, but stuff like that makes me happy. :D

TessV, May 15, 2016
  5. Sefie

psanch

I actually switched from Firefox to chrome a few years ago myself. While I do still occasionally use Firefox, chrome remains my primary browser. This is mostly for convenience now since I use a google android smartphone and everything syncs across all devices with zero effort. I didn't face too many problems with Firefox though. I still quite like using it.

psanch, May 22, 2016
  6. Sefie

Sefie

IE is rarely used nowadays, no idea why this browser is no longer as liked as it used to be, maybe because those little things we used to let slide, are no longer so small. I remember when I started using IE I didn't mind it sometimes took a bit long to load or froze, or whatever, but that was because I didn't know any better. Nowadays I guess most people does.

Sefie, May 24, 2016
    Novelangel likes this.
  7. Sefie

Sefie

Same here. Firefox did come with some drama, but since I was using IE before switching to it I didn't think so much about it... until I tried Chrome then I saw a difference in the performance :) This browser loads everything so fast, and it never ever freezes or shows me weird errors and such.

Sefie, May 24, 2016
  8. Sefie

Novelangel

It's weird because now it seems like Chrome is taking forever to load while IE works just fine as far as loading pages is concerned. When those pages load they are always a bit goofy, like they're not quite all there. So I'm learning to move to Chrome and Firefox and it seems like the fox is winning out as far as browsing speed is concerned. Chrome is getting more and more quirky for me, but then again, it could just be my quirky old computer too.

Novelangel, May 24, 2016
  9. Sefie

filmjunkie08

For awhile, my son and I were the home of the battling browsers. And to be candid, every once in a while we still are. I like Google primarily, but for a while I used Yahoo. My son went through a period where he liked Bing, but I never liked it.

filmjunkie08, May 27, 2016
  10. Sefie

aymelol

I've been using Chrome for about a year now and I love it. I used to only use Firefox, it's a great browser, but I had some problems with it so I decided to try out Chrome since that was the default browser at school anyway. Now I love Chrome for I've had a great experience with it. Perhaps I'll go back to Firefox I mean I can't even remember what problems I had with it, but for now i'm happy with Google Chrome.

aymelol, May 27, 2016
  11. Sefie

artyarson

Google Chrome seems to be the most convenient. I've been using it for 2-3 years and I'm pretty happy about it.

artyarson, May 30, 2016
  12. Sefie

amonda

Whether I'm using my laptop, tablet or phone, it's always Chrome. I love Chrome, don't really have any major issues with it.

amonda, Jul 5, 2016
  13. Sefie

hades_leae

I love chrome, I can't use other browsers. Sometimes I use firefox for mobile web development, but as far as surfing the internet or getting stuff done, I have to stick with chrome. I use it because I like the interface, it's capable of having 20 plus tabs open without the browser slowing dow. It's just really good for the things that I do.

hades_leae, Jul 25, 2016
  14. Sefie

cluckeyo

I love Chrome. If you sign into Chrome browser, all your settings go across all your devices. So passwords, bookmarks, history can be seen on laptop, phone, desktop, on any computer, just sign in. Doesn't have to be your computer. So if I visit my son, I can get on his computer and get all my online stuff, including my gmail account of course. And everything saved on Google Drive.

cluckeyo, Jul 25, 2016
  15. Sefie

bangtanboys

Since it's like the grandfather of all web browsers, I started with IE as a kid and slowly made the transition to Firefox sometime in late middle school or early high school. Reason? The stigma around IE.
    Nah, but really, Firefox just ran faster and aesthetically more pleasing. Then, I think I made the permanent switch to Chrome back in 2012 simply because Firefox was starting to become what IE used to be. Chrome felt cleaner and more minimalistic. Google's been my default home for the longest, and it's only right I got the browser to match.

bangtanboys, Jul 28, 2016
  16. Sefie

ad.mike2016

I always use Firefox. I generally find that it works with most websites and never really has any issues. Internet Explorer never seems to be working right. I have tried Google Chrome a few times but was not impressed. Right now I have 12 tabs open in Firefox and everything is running very smoothly.

ad.mike2016, Aug 12, 2016
  17. Sefie

abonnen

The main browser I use is Chrome, I have a chrome book and that is why I use it. I do however use it on my windows computer as well. I find that I like it a lot, I like how I can set up my favorites and widget type things on the top of the browser.

abonnen, Aug 30, 2016
Ask a Question