What's your main browser?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Sefie

KimmyMarkks

I also have chrome. I'm a big fan of google in general. We use internet explorer at my job and it dries me crazy.
    Overall I think chrome is one of the safest to use. In the past I used Firefox but I find chrome is more user friendly.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 8, 2015
  2. Sefie

Sefie

I agree :) I haven't caught any kind of virus yet while using it, but I did catch a lot while using ie back when I was younger. I don't throw all the blame on the browser though, because back then I was so young and naive and didn't exercise enough caution when visiting web sites ;) I'd never go back to Firefox ;) I still have it installed, but I do plan to uninstall it soon ;)

Sefie, Dec 10, 2015
  3. Sefie

PingPongCall

I think everyone here took the natural progression of using IE then discovering Fire Fox and when they sent out that update about two years back that made it act super weird everyone just moved on to Chrome. I'm sure it won't be long before something better comes along and knock the google OS out of the spotlight because I personally already have problems with it.

PingPongCall, Dec 16, 2015
  4. Sefie

djordjem87

We do not have to many good options so it either Firefox or Chrome. I actually used Microsoft IE until Chrome showed up. But I really do not recall if there was another browser before Chrome I might have used and I know it wasn't Firefox because now I am using it for the first time. My switch happened when I realized I have no strength to tolerate Windows. I switched to Linux, more precisely Ubuntu, and it had Firefox already installed. So, I said, 'why not', and although I installed Chrome just in case, I rarely use it. I have some issues with Firefox but my guess is that it is not solely about Mozilla. My laptop was infected while I it was on Windows and I didn't removed it, I just have both. Anyway, Firefox is my first choice now.

djordjem87, Dec 16, 2015
  5. Sefie

Sefie

I had a lot issues with Mozilla as well, that is why I switched. I'm not the only one either, some people here have reported issues with it as well :( I think Firefox is not doing so well since they blocked out flash... I started to notice a loooot lag after that update.

Sefie, Dec 17, 2015
  6. Sefie

Sefie

@PingPongCall Two years ago? Sounds like Firefox has had a lot issues! I switched quite recently actually, not so long ago Firefox was my main browser, I only used Chrome for online banking and nothing more. I had been told about Chrome a while ago, about being way more safe than IE, but I didn't listen :p I had to test Firefox, then Firefox failed me and here I am ;)

Sefie, Dec 17, 2015
  7. Sefie

typist88

Interesting to see what everyone's using. I'm a Firefox junkie. I don't even remember when I went from IE to Firefox, it's been so long. Not ever sure how or why it happened! But perhaps mostly because IE has so many bugs and I didn't like it very much. Firefox is awesome; I have multiple folders and bookmark icons easily visible. It lets me add some amazing and useful plug-ins. And the platform is very well developed. I don't have any major issues with it. The frequent updates help keep it bug-free and up-to-date.

typist88, Dec 20, 2015
  8. Sefie

Sefie

That is one of the few things I miss from Firefox to be honest: how I could organize my bookmarks so easily. I loved the way you could organize everything, sadly Chrome is not like that t all. I still can't get used to this :p But there is no coming back for me, sadly.

Sefie, Dec 20, 2015
  9. Sefie

typist88

Oh that's too bad. Ya I learned that I needed to update my plug ins every time firefox has an update. That could be why you were having problems with the Flash player? I saved this link that checks my plug ins and check where things are at after every firefox update; this has solved the problems I was having. https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/

This is just an idea if you want to try firefox again. I've used chrome a couple times and there's just no way I could live without all my bookmarks. I have way too many that I rely on. Come back to mozilla! :)

typist88, Dec 21, 2015
  10. Sefie

Sefie

I might check it out, but I have lost hope I will ever use it again. All my plug ins were updated, but I will check again with the link you posted here and see what happens... I just hate how Chrome organizes bookmarks and yes, I have a lot as well! D:

Sefie, Dec 28, 2015
  11. Sefie

tomz10

I have been a chrome user forever. I use firefox once in a while if chrome doesn't work. But I love chrome because it seems easier and friendlier to use. I also stick to chrome now because all my bookmarks are saved on it and I don't want to go through the hassle of transferring them to firefox.

tomz10, Feb 24, 2016
  12. Sefie

IBMPC8088

My main browser has always been lynx, but when I have to use graphics like on here, then I either use Opera or Firefox. Every no and then I use a browser called OffByOne or Konqueror, but only on occasion.

IBMPC8088, Feb 24, 2016
  13. Sefie

Sefie

Interesting, this is the very first time someone here tells me they use a text based browser. What do you use it for exactly? It's hard for me to imagine lynx being used as a main browser, but coming from you... I totally believe it ;) My edgy friend!

Sefie, Feb 25, 2016
  14. Sefie

Sefie

I love Chrome :) It seems more stable than Firefox to me. If you want to transfer your bookmarks is not that hard, all you have to do is simply go to the settings, then click on bookmarks > bookmark manager > organize > Export bookmarks.... If you ever want to switch to another browser.

Sefie, Feb 25, 2016
  15. Sefie

Hozyboy

I use chrome browser as my main browser in the phone. I have opera mini and UC browser but I do not use it as much.

In my laptop I have Firefox but use chrome browser more.

Hozyboy, Mar 5, 2016
  16. Sefie

Corzhens

Since my laptop is an official issue from the office, all contents are according to the guideline. Although my laptop is disabled for internet access as of the moment, the browser is IE. But in our home computer, an old desktop running on XP, the browser that we use are Firefox and Chrome. We had disabled the IE because it is giving us problems especially when accessing Facebook. Firefox is the dominant browser that we use and secondary is the Google Chrome. Both are okay except that Chrome couldn't access sites using https.

Corzhens, Mar 5, 2016
  17. Sefie

hafiz93

Hmm..that's weird because I've always thought that Firefox is a much more stable browser than Chrome.

Personally, I use Chrome to browse the internet because it's such a convenient browser for me to use compared to the others, but it's also quite heavy and will eat up you RAM. If your laptop is not strong enough, then it might slow down your laptop a bit.

hafiz93, Mar 6, 2016
  18. Sefie

Sefie

My laptop is really fast ;) I think that is why I don't have any kind of issues with Chrome, it runs so fast and is more stable on my laptop than Firefox ever was, that is for sure. I'd never go back to Firefox, I do miss the way bookmarks were organized though.

Sefie, Mar 7, 2016
  19. Sefie

Jonah_JJ

I've used them all and I'm a big fan of Chrome. In fact, I get really annoyed when, for whatever reason, I have to switch to another for, say "compatibility" reasons or something else. Chrome works best for me and just feels really comfortable. It's the one I trust.

Jonah_JJ, Mar 9, 2016
  20. Sefie

Aleronic

I do have the same issue with the bookmarks in Chrome. Now I use both, Firefox and Chrome :D

Aleronic, Mar 16, 2016
Ask a Question