What's your main browser?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

Hi guys! I'm just curious, I'd like to know what your main browser is, for how long you have been using it and why? I recently switched from Firefox to Chrome, mostly because Firefox started to behave a bit weird! I never thought I'd have to part ways from Firefox, but I did :( Before Firefox I used IE, I used it for years actually, until I found Firefox and decided to switch.

Sefie, Aug 17, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Sefie

IcyBC

On my Window laptop, my two favorite browsers are Firefox and Chrome! I installed Safari and Opera, but barely use them as the display is sort of messed up! I never like IE since I found it difficult to navigate around and just don't like the look of IE. IE is one of the worse browsers for me to use.

IcyBC, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Sefie

Diane Lane

My main browser is Chrome, on the desktop and tablet. The laptop's not working right now, but I have Chrome and Opera on there, as well as maybe Firefox, which is my desktop backup browser, as well. I prefer Chrome, but have crashing issues, as well as incompatibility issues with some sites and one of my applications, so when that happens, I dust off Firefox. I like the simplicity of Opera, so use that when the mood strikes. Sometimes I need to be on 2 or 3 different browsers at the same time, and if i need another, I use Safari.

Diane Lane, Aug 20, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

This is the same for me and that is I need 2-3 different browsers to do my online work! I don't have too much problem with Chrome and Firefox and I know my way around with these browsers. I don't find too many extensions for Opera and Safari that I often used on Chrome and Firefox!

IcyBC, Aug 21, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Sefie

Sefie

I also use several browsers :) Some browsers are completely useless to open certain forms, so I actually need to use IE when I need to open that ''Oracle'' form. It's the only browser that hasn't failed me, I use it for booking doctor appointments online. I still have Firefox installed, but I have never tried Opera. What do you use Opera for?

Sefie, Aug 27, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  6. Sefie

Sefie

I hear ya! IE was my first browser, but to be honest I have no idea why I stayed with it so long. It still is installed in my laptop, I use it for booking doctor appointments online :) It's the only thing I use it for, because the other browsers don't respond to me when I try to do that. IE is the only one that seems to be able to handle Oracle without showing some sort of error. That is the only good things about it, lol.

Sefie, Aug 27, 2015
  7. Sefie

IcyBC

I think we can't do anything with IE being in our computer since we have Window computers, just like Safari for Mac. It is required, I believe! I haven't touch IE for years now, and don't plan on any time in the future.

IcyBC, Aug 30, 2015
  8. Sefie

Sefie

@IcyBC I actually uninstalled IE when I was younger, I no longer bother ;) Plus it serves it purpose, the only thing I liked about it is the way it used to store my bookmarks. I liked it, because it was so much easier to find things that way... I like more the way everything was organized (vertical) with the other browser their horizontal approach kills me.

Sefie, Aug 30, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  9. Sefie

Sefie

@IcyBC I actually uninstalled IE when I was younger, I no longer bother ;) Plus it serves its purpose, the only thing I liked about it is the way it used to store my bookmarks. I liked it, because it was so much easier to find things that way... I like more the way everything was organized (vertical) with the other browser their horizontal approach kills me.

Sefie, Aug 30, 2015
  10. Sefie

Diane Lane

I use Opera and Safari just to open pages/sites I need to access. I've never looked for extensions for them, because other than AdBlockPlus and a few other maintenance type extensions, I mainly use them for promoting/marketing my shops, which I can do on Chrome and Firefox, so I never thought to even look for extensions for Opera or Safari.

@Sefie I mainly use Opera and Safari for stripped down use, popping on/off to do a quick search, or check something such as an item price, and usually don't stay on them for too long, since I usually have multiple tabs/functions ongoing with Chrome and/or Firefox at the same time. I did use Opera and Safari on my netbook when I had that, because it had XP, and resources were low, so it was difficult to use Chrome or Firefox. I also used them on my iPod Touch, on the rare occasions when I would use a browser on there.

Diane Lane, Sep 2, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  11. Sefie

IcyBC

Exactly, the vertical approach was my favorite too, but the new IE with horizontal at the bottom was a drag! I can't get use to it, and the way it looked just too mess up to know where is the address bar or anything in that matter. I gave it a go before, but finally found that it was not worth my time to bother.

IcyBC, Sep 2, 2015
  12. Sefie

Sefie

@IcyBC Oh no, so the edge browser is very messy? The horizontal approach is awful :( So Microsoft really messed up applying that horizontal approach to the bottom part? Lol, that is their problem, they desperately want to look ''novel'' and different from the others that they end up doing things that only annoy their users, What a shame!

Sefie, Sep 5, 2015
  13. Sefie

jamesbonner

For me it's firefox, then google chrom, I don't know why I prefere firefox, maybe because I been using it from long time and all my bookmarked pages are in it, also all my passwords stored there ! I use them both firefox for some websites and chrome for the other websites.

jamesbonner, Sep 20, 2015
  14. Sefie

Sefie

@jamesbonner I also keep all my bookmarks and passwords on Firefox ;) It seems more handy to keep one's bookmarks there, I favour their vertical approach over the horizontal approach of Google chrome when it comes to storing and organizing bookmarks. I only wish Firefox hadn't started being so sluggish and freezing.

Sefie, Sep 23, 2015
  15. Sefie

thess

I use Internet Explorer probably because that's just what came with the computer and I like it a lot. I'm used to it now and it's easy.

thess, Oct 7, 2015
  16. Sefie

Sefie

@thess, for reals? o_O No offence, but IE explorer is not one of the safest and fastest browsers out there. Back in the day when I was a teen and used it my PC got infected with a lot crap D: Then i was told IE wasn't as safe as let's say ''Chrome''.

Sefie, Oct 8, 2015
  17. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:I use bing.com. I like bing rewards. Before bing.com it was google or firefox. Firefox doesn't let me play games, so I just got frustrated and switched to chrome or explorer for games. Bing gives rewards when you hit certain number searches. :)

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 11, 2015
  18. Sefie

Sefie

What are those bing rewards everyone is talking about exactly? :) Is it cash? It does make sense they offer that kind of incentives, because I imagine not many people use that search engine yet, but I am sure they will soon.

Sefie, Oct 15, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  19. Sefie

Krissttina Isobe

Well Sefie: bing.com/rewards is a free account that you sign up for and you got to have a working email for they send you e-newsletters too and send you alerts of rewards too which they'll send to your cell or smartphones. What bing.com/rewards is simple. You go to bing.com-sign in and you should see on your left hand screen top your name and that it's activated to count how many searches you did-make sure it's working, so you know you'll get the rewards you deserve. There is a page to see what your rewards are when you accrue your search points. You got to login to accrue your points. After time your points can get amazon gift card, give your rewards to charity etc. as you choose. Good luck and it's great to get rewarded for using a search engine!

Krissttina Isobe, Oct 16, 2015
  20. Sefie

Sefie

Thanks a lot for the complete answer :D But then the rewards you get are amazon gift cards or you can also get cash rewards? But yes, this sounds like a really interesting scheme!

Sefie, Oct 17, 2015
Ask a Question