What's the deal with Kalyway battery meter?? **FIXED**

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by ahovis, Nov 29, 2008.

1. ahovis

ahovis

So I have installed OSX 5.5 via Kalyway's method and all is as expected. However it would seem that the battery meter problem should be fixable as it seems to work with the other method. Anyone know just why it can't be made to work under Kalyway install or any program that can give a battery level that works. All I tried can not see the battery.

ahovis, Nov 29, 2008
  2. ahovis

rory

Re: What's the deal with Kalyway battery meter??

i had this problem, then when I last installed it, I checked the box for power management bundle or whatever in the patched at the bottom of customize

rory, Nov 29, 2008
  3. ahovis

ahovis

Re: What's the deal with Kalyway battery meter??

Got it working! See this link: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php? ... ntry620485 . Download the files from the RapidShare link and install them in the proper locations. I used Kext Helper in the advanced mode to generate the script to get the PowerManagement.bundle into the proper folder by editing the script. If you do not, it will go into the extensions folder and not into the right one. After you do that, you can just drag the remaining kexts into the Kext helper window and do an easy install. I repaired permissions and restarted and after going into the Energy Saver prefs and checking the show battery box all is working just fine. I am however, having a shutdown problem where it will just hang and require a forced quit but I think that is coming from the GenericPowerManagement Kext new version I am running but I am not sure. The meter is worth the slight aggravation since it will not sleep anyway.

ahovis, Dec 2, 2008
  4. ahovis

rory

why not just insert the kalyway disc, then only select that fix, skip disk checking and it will be all dont in baout 7 minutes including booting up?
    rory

rory, Dec 2, 2008
  5. ahovis

ahovis

Was afraid I would have to start over from the beginning! Now if you can fix the sleep issue .... life will be good.

ahovis, Dec 3, 2008
  6. ahovis

rory

word is that in iatkos 5i its fixed, or thats the impression i got from what somebody said here
    so no screen shut off, but the hdd does, im dling iatkos 5i now, should be done when i get up (which is before 1 because i have a lecture then, its 2.20 am now) and will report back, and do a full tuto.

y first full tuto, lets hope nobody beats me to it.
    :)
    rory

rory, Dec 3, 2008
  7. ahovis

swm5126

I can't seem to get my battery meter working at all. I tried installing the suggested kexts but nothing! Any help?

swm5126, Dec 3, 2008
  8. ahovis

ahovis

First make sure you have checked the box in the "Energy Saver Prefs" under the options tab to show battery status in the menu bar.
    Secondly, make sure you put the PowerManagement.bundle into /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/ and the rest of the files into /System/Library/Extensions/

Repair Permissions and reboot by pressing f8 to enter the boot menu and type: -v -f to force all kext to load.

Should work. I have also switched off the Apple battery meter and switched to SlimBatteryMonitor found here: http://www.orange-carb.org/SBM/downloads.html which has more features.

Good Luck or you can try the method suggested by rory above.

ahovis, Dec 3, 2008
Ask a Question