What's the appeal of MacBooks, and why are they so popular?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by OursIsTheFury, Apr 29, 2016.

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury

Is it really worth it? Why is it so popular? Is it just because it has an Apple logo on it and people want to be noticed, or is the operating system and functionality better than Windows? Can you guys help me understand?

OursIsTheFury, Apr 29, 2016
  2. OursIsTheFury

Corzhens

My orientation if Windows for I haven't owned a Mac. But based on what I know (and in occasional use) of a Mac, the OS seems to be hardwired so it fast since the firmware is way much faster than the virtual memory of accessing the hard drive. And since most celebrities here have an Apple instead of a pc, you can guess that it is the fashion despite the high cost compared to an ordinary laptop. But in fairness to the Macbook, it has the trademark of Apple for the best graphic resolution (photos and videos alike).

Corzhens, Apr 29, 2016
  3. OursIsTheFury

IcyBC

I have my MacBook for almost a year now, but it was a gift from my siblings. It runs fast and very responsive. I haven't had any problem. My sisters and brothers had Mac for years and they all swore on it. They didn't have to replace their laptop as I did twice already.

IcyBC, Apr 30, 2016
  4. OursIsTheFury

obliviousme

It's very classy and the operating system is fast and it rarely ever gives you a problem. Also you won't catch virus on Macbooks so you won't need an antivirus. The User Interface looks amazing and i just love the whole ensemble. It's really worth the price because it lasts for years and years.

obliviousme, May 8, 2016
  5. OursIsTheFury

rubymusic1

I got mine to start with because I wanted to use Logic Pro for my music technology course. I would have never have switched to a macbook otherwise, but now I would never go back to anything else. I just think they are better built and are far less problematic overall.

rubymusic1, May 8, 2016
  6. OursIsTheFury

1313dw

I think the speed is definitely part of the appeal. For me, I think the operating system is far more user friendly. I have been both a Mac and PC user my entire life. I routinely switch back and forth between the two systems on a daily basis between work, school and personal uses. My PC's regularly have issues with speed, glitches, annoyances, etc. I rarely have those issues with my Mac. I'm not the brand name type. I don't need to wear a t-shirt that advertises a certain brand and I don't care what the latest celebrities are wearing. If I had my choice though, I would use a Mac for everything and can't wait till the day that my office catches up!

1313dw, May 8, 2016
  7. OursIsTheFury

Vash

There are actually people who bought Macbook to show off, before they realized they aren't familiar with OSX at all. They are also not smart enough to get used to the new interface. So they actually went to some small computer business to have them install Windows on their Macs LOLz... True stories!

While there are certainly very much windows based laptops, the high end of windows based laptops can be quite expensive too. Back in 2008, my Dell Vostro 1500 came at $1,100 USD, and I did not even pick all the highest options they offered.

Right now I am on a Surface Pro 4, and it is in the same price range as Macbook Air and Pro depends on what components you pick for yours. Mine came at about $1,500 USD after tax, and it is only a Core i5 with 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD. If I had picked Core i7, 16GB RAM, along with 512GB or even higher SSD, the price could be almost doubled.

How long did they use their Macbooks? My Dell lasted me 7 good years.

Anyway, for me I won't even consider a Macbook unless they finally have touchscreens, and gold color for Macbook Air. :D

Vash, May 19, 2016
  8. OursIsTheFury

nytegeek

The funny thing is that they aren't all that popular. I did some research for another topic regarding most popular laptops by worldwide sales and HP topped the list with MacBooks being in the last half of the results.

nytegeek, May 19, 2016
  9. OursIsTheFury

Vash

It is true.
    Apple's computer business is never as popular as their iphone or ipad business. Their laptops only have around 9~10% the market share from 2014~2016 according to the following graph.

[​IMG]

Both HP and Lenovo have twice the market share each. While it is true that Apple gained a few extra percentage over the years, it is far from being "so popular". I wouldn't call 9~10% as "so popular" anyway.

Vash, May 22, 2016
Ask a Question