What replacement battery should I buy?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by atikovi, Mar 5, 2010.

1. atikovi

atikovi

I currently have the smallest battery on my 8.9" A1 and it's indicator is just flashing orange. I need a new one. I see on Ebay all kinds from 3,6,9 to even 12 cell batteries with 2200mA hr to 10,000mA ratings. How many hours of use do these differnt batteries provide? How much extra do they weigh, and how much more space do they take up? The original battery was good for 2-3 hours and I don't really need more time at this point but the 6 and 9 cell batteries are not much more money than the 3 cell ones which start around $30 delivered with a 3 year warranty whatever thats worth.

atikovi, Mar 5, 2010
  2. atikovi

creeper

I had a similar problem on my 110 (it seemed as if the battery would not charge), but found that flashing the BIOS fixed the problem.

Here is info from the Acer site (check to make sure it applies to your particular model):

http://netbooks-us.custhelp.com/app/ans ... 2/r_id/166

As far as replacement of the actual battery, I'm sorry that I have no knowledge.

creeper, Mar 12, 2010
  3. atikovi

wanderlust

I've got a similar problem with the 6 cell I bought, but it actually charges the battery. The orange light flashes but the battery still takes the charge but non of the battery info software will show any details off the battery apart from showing that its at 255% all the time.

Would flashing the BIOS make a difference? (think I'm on 3114) I'm a bit hesitant as I've just set up a lot of software on here (A150 with a 500gb HDD) and lots of data.

wanderlust, Mar 12, 2010
  4. atikovi

alicia ortis

Is this a hard-to-answer question? :?:

alicia ortis, Mar 14, 2010
  5. atikovi

Valenfor

I just purchased a 9 cell from a place called Laptop Battery Depot (http://www.laptopbatterydepot.com/). My battery came in two days and when I bought it was free shipping. The company is located out of Riverside California. So far I have been very pleased with the service, shipping and battery. It came with about a 55% charge in it when I put it in the other night with 0% wear. It was advertised as a 7800 mAh and registers just over 79 using battery bar pro. The price though perhaps $10 more then an eBay shop has a 45 day money back and 2 year warranty. So I know that if I need another battery for some other laptop I will go back.

As to what size to get thats more personal preference. I wanted the extra time. My first run got me 7 hours with heavy drive usage, full WiFi, and doing programming work (compiling - and lots of it). I run both Linux (Sabayon - lots of compiling as Gentoo base) and XP Pro on mine. I can see where a six cell would have done nicely but I think I would have got about 4 hours of out if. My stock batter which is over a year old was only giving me about 1:45 on a charge.

If you have questions more specifics I am happy to answer PM's or reply :)

V.

(word corrections).

Valenfor, Mar 18, 2010
Ask a Question