What mouse are you using?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by autograph, Feb 21, 2014.

1. autograph

autograph

Hello!
    I am thinking of getting a mouse replacement since mine is going haywire. My current mouse is a generic Logitech mouse. It lasted for about 2 years; the issue I have now is single left click is interpreted as double click by the mouse. I have isolated the problem and I am sure the mouse is faulty.

So what kind of mouse do you use? Recommendation is greatly appreciated. I would love to give wireless mouse a go.

autograph, Feb 21, 2014
  2. autograph

apexa1

I've had a logitech mx518 for years now and it still works perfectly. its been dropped, bashed, etc and still keeps going. They don't make them anymore I dont think so you'd have to pick one up from ebay or something.

apexa1, Feb 22, 2014
  3. autograph

autograph

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I have checked out your mouse specifications online. Indeed, it does seem to be produced anymore. The design looks quite sturdy though. I can only find the second hand mouse from ebay for your model. Oh well, guess I will keep on looking.

autograph, Feb 22, 2014
  4. autograph

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Logitech M185, Wireless mouse - 3 of them - ALL with the same double click problem.. after a couple of years use as well.
    NON recommend Advent AMWL 13 Wireless mouse -
    I bought one to see if I'd use them to replace one of my 185's but the scroll wheel is crap, scrolls down about 9 lines then flips back to line one, over and over.

Noticed that Aria Computers (UK) where I get most of my stuff, 8 out of 10 Wireless mouse are from Logitech... so, I am currently investigating -

TeckNet M002 Wireless mouse at £10 from Amazon UK

So far just one complaint on line - which might be USB ports going to sleep - advanced Power settings > USB devices in Win 7 ought to fix that

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Feb 22, 2014
  5. autograph

something back

THE STANDARD PCLINE HAS BEEN THE BEST ONE FOR ME. PCLINE PCL-WS01

something back, Feb 24, 2014
  6. autograph

Sidewinderx3

For my laptop specifically, I've been using my trusty Microsoft Bluetrack Explorer Mouse for a couple of years. It's no longer in production I think, but the tech on that thing is amazing, almost any surface I use it on is trackable. Even glass and clothes or shiny surfaces don't seem to be a problem for it. The advantage of being wireless as well makes it a pretty good mouse all around.

Sidewinderx3, Feb 24, 2014
  7. autograph

Carles

Logitech wireless mouse. I've had it for two years and have had no problems with it. Also the batteries last quite a long time.

Carles, Feb 26, 2014
  8. autograph

LindaKay

I need to buy another wireless mouse for my laptop. When we moved, I lost the little adapter thing that plugs into the computer's USB drive. They're cheap, and Logitech is a good brand. No matter how much you use your computer, the batteries will last for months.

LindaKay, Feb 26, 2014
  9. autograph

sparkblade14

I'm currently using the Logitech M185. Logitech makes some high quality mice IMO. They make the battery last a long time and the sensitivity is pretty great. And plus, they're usually very cheap. I've used mine for almost a year now. I think every mouse I have in my home is Logitech actually.

sparkblade14, Feb 26, 2014
  10. autograph

Brian8gbSSDLinux

Sparksblade... Wait a little while and your M185 will probably start double clicking too....

A quick google of Logitech M185 mouse double clicking reveals the sorry truth...

Research points to the microswitch internal contact deforming over time
    Having more than one... I will think about removing a right microswtch to replace a faulty left microswitch... but don't expect a report of success any day soon...

Brian8gbSSDLinux, Feb 27, 2014
  11. autograph

Sefie

I use a ''Steren'' mouse and so far is working great, my old mouse was also a ''Steren'' one and lasted 3 full years. It would have lasted longer, but the cable got damaged so the mouse started acting weird. 3 years isn't bad at all for a mouse :) When it comes to mouses always go generic and never ever get the wireless ones (I've had a couple of really bad experiences with them).

Sefie, Mar 2, 2014
  12. autograph

bobthemuffinman

I use the logitech G400S. Even though it is a gaming mouse, it has a really nice shape that I love and feels very comfortable in my hand. The tracking is also amazing.

bobthemuffinman, Mar 17, 2014
  13. autograph

mikelouis

I have a HP mouse which works fine for me. I think it all depends on how you use the mouse. Using it on a regular basis but with gentility will make it last for long.

mikelouis, Mar 17, 2014
  14. autograph

tygh12

I'm using a Roccat Lua Tri Button Gaming mouse. You don't really need a fancy overdecorated mouse with number pads on them (unless you want to impress you friends :p). The only really necessary thing for gaming is probably a sensitivity changer like my mouse. You also might want a mouse with a comfortable case because it improves the experience and also drains sweat better.

tygh12, Mar 31, 2014
  15. autograph

skywatcher

I recommend Logitech. I've been using mine for quite a long time, and I keep on buying different variants when my current ones become faulty. But it's impressive that I've been using this one for two years. Perhaps the appeal I found on this was the slick design and the comfortability it offers to me.

skywatcher, Apr 1, 2014
  16. autograph

NeroFerk

I have a Forev mouse. So far it hasn't messed up, but I am taking my chances with it.

NeroFerk, Apr 4, 2014
  17. autograph

Patrick Shah

I am using Logitech and I am impressed at the value for money for its products.
    Why not, purchase the same model for your current mouse since it lasted for 2 years or so.
    I mean if you are okay with spending a bit of money for something more classy. Brands such as Razer accommodates to gamers in particular.

Patrick Shah, Apr 4, 2014
  18. autograph

Maledictum

I'm using an old razor naga right now but the right clicker is driving me insane. I'll be looking into a new mouse once I have more money.

Maledictum, Apr 6, 2014
  19. autograph

zafeer2025

I have a HP mouse which works fine for me. I think it all depends on how you use the mouse. Using it on a regular basis but with gentility will make it last for long.

zafeer2025, Jun 5, 2014
  20. autograph

TheCleric12

I'm using the Microsoft basic optical mouse. My laptop is currently stationary at my house and I don't bring it around because it's old and heavy.So with that in mind, I found that any cheap wired mouse would do. Usually though, if you're going portable, I would go with a wireless mouse. Be wary of the cheap wireless mice though, they break very easily in my experience.

TheCleric12, Jun 29, 2014
Ask a Question