What Laptop is good for yoytube channel

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by pvpasic, Aug 14, 2016.

1. pvpasic

pvpasic

Hi, I need help from experienced users,

I am a Youtuber and use camtasia&Sony Vegas for video editing
    What Laptop is good for camtasia&Sony Vegas

I currently have a dell inspiron 3520 and I love it, but I am looking to get a second laptop. I want to keep this one for yoytube channel(download&uploading videos, I'm considering another Inspiron, Would you recommend another Inspiron, or is there a less expensive laptop that you like?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    pvpasic, Aug 14, 2016
  2. pvpasic

Corzhens

If this may help - my husband is also planning to buy a laptop with a good specs to handle video editing. He is using Adobe Premiere for that purpose. From what I know, he would add a video card to the standard configuration so the processing of the video will be faster. And maybe 4GB is enough although a bigger memory would greatly help because from what I understand, rendering a video work area eats a lot of memory.

Corzhens, Aug 15, 2016
  3. pvpasic

SirJoe

I think if you are thinking of doing videos on a professional level you should really consider getting a higher resolution, your current computer has a resolution of 1366 x 768 if you could get something higher it will make all the difference. If you have a more powerful CPU and more ram, editing videos will be much easier and you will have less lag, but at the end of the day the most important is that you are comfortable with the computer.

SirJoe, Aug 18, 2016
  4. pvpasic

Allen1

You can use any good gaming laptop for it:)

Allen1, Sep 25, 2016
  5. pvpasic

djtech

I wouldn't begin recommending something unless I know what kind of videos you want to produce. For example, if you just want to create educational videos with a lot of screen capture, you can use any laptop. In fact, I used to produce really great YT videos on an old hp laptop that had just 512MB of RAM.

If however, you want to create vlogs and produce the kind of content that everyone loves, you're going to need a decent laptop with a great resolution and a great graphics card. In that sense, I agree with the previous poster that a gaming laptop would work, however a gaming laptop would also be expensive.

Here's a useful reference article on "building" a video editing pc. Use it as a reference guide:
    http://www.logicalincrements.com/articles/videoediting/

A low cost option would be an older macbook. Buy a used one, there are plenty out there. They check all the boxes in my book. And the resolution on even the older (say 2010-12) versions even are great.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
    djtech, Sep 25, 2016
  6. pvpasic

Vash

Instead of "what laptop", you should look at the hardware specifications.

In general, you need a good processor (something like a Core i5 is good enough), plenty of RAM (minimal 4GB, but now the standard is really 8GB; and 16GB if you plan to use it for a long time), a SSD would be helpful for transferring large files. Make sure your hard drive is a large one since videos take a lot of space. You do not want the hard drive to be full quickly, and even near full will slow it down.

If you do not use the laptop for things like gaming, then there is no need for a good graphics card. Any onboard graphics card will do.

Vash, Sep 25, 2016
  7. pvpasic

djtech

djtech, Sep 25, 2016
  8. pvpasic

AngelicDevilTel

It will all depend on the specifications you will need

Back when I was doing youtube quite a bit I was working on an HP with 4GB of RAM with a resolution of 1440x900 I believe
    I forgot what kind of CPU was in that laptop (I'm sure it was AMD though) but it handled everything I needed it to.
    I was only using Camtasi for screen casting and editing, but the rendering process took a while

I would suggest something with an Intel Core i5 processor and at least 8 GB of RAM
    If you can get something with a higher resolution but if you aren't doing screen casts then its not really that big of a deal.

AngelicDevilTel, Sep 26, 2016
Ask a Question