What laptop do you most recommend for University?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by TheCleric12, Jun 29, 2014.

1. TheCleric12

TheCleric12

Hi. I'm currently moving from highschool to University after summer. I still don't know what laptop to chose though. How should I see a laptop? Should it be a disposable device or should it be my main device?
    I'm going into computer science an operating system that can handle programming things like Java and C++ are my main concerns, otherwise, money should not be that big of an issue.
    However, my brother who is also going to university broke his laptops twice in one year. Both were $1000 CAD. I don't think I want to pay anything more than $600 dollars.
    What do you guys recommend?

TheCleric12, Jun 29, 2014
  2. TheCleric12

TylerH

If you are only wanting to pay around the five hundred dollar mark, then I would really recommend trying Ebay for a computer since they have many types of computers that you are looking for. I would recommend trying to find a computer with eight gigabytes of ram and a lot of memory since you will be running and saving a lot of your work. A computer that is around your price range that I think is perfect for you is the Alienware M17 and you can get it for around five hundred to six hundred dollars on Ebay and it has a big fifteen inch screen along with eight gigabytes of ram and seven hundred and fifty gigabytes of memory.

TylerH, Jul 2, 2014
  3. TheCleric12

Rohan99

You should get a good laptop with at least and i5 processor. There are a lot of great laptops available for your budget and you can have a look on Amazon. I suggest you get a Windows laptop which will allow you to install a second operating system like Linux if you so desire. A good processor and GPU with at least 4GB Ram will be good enough for your needs.

Rohan99, Jul 2, 2014
  4. TheCleric12

skynel_27

Go for the one which is in now. The laptop that can be turned to tablet. Aside from the fact that they came in handy, they are very useful in school paper works which you can work with anywhere.

skynel_27, Jul 21, 2014
Ask a Question