What is this power cord??

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Nextstopearth, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Nextstopearth

Nextstopearth

The power cord that came with my unit has 2 big prong sticking out of it instead of two slits of metal coming off of it. I'm assuming this is european or something because this will not fit in any socket I have(I live in america). What do I do? Do I have to order a separate cable from acer or can I get one that will work from a local computer shop or what?? Thanks for any help

Also can I use a power cable that came with a different laptop?

Nextstopearth, Oct 7, 2008
  2. Nextstopearth

melhiore

Go to any DIY shop, buy American plug, chop European plug, rewire everything, DONE...

melhiore, Oct 7, 2008
  3. Nextstopearth

Nextstopearth

I don't know how to rewire anything.

4. Nextstopearth

Nextstopearth

I have a 3 pronged cord that will fit in the aspire adapter and connect to my wall socket, but I'm worried that since it is from another computer it might damage something. I seems like I wouldn't though since the "box" adapter part is the one that came with the aspire, only the part going from that part to the wall is different. Does that makes sense? will this work?

5. Nextstopearth

melhiore

In that case all you can do is go to shop and buy new cord and pay...

A bit yes. This box is your charger. This box is changing voltage available in socket to voltage needed by AA1. It is very important part as it's making socket power usable for Acer... W/o this you will burn your AA1...

melhiore, Oct 8, 2008
  6. Nextstopearth

Tomsk

As melhiore has said, just buy a new cord.

I'm from England and on my last vacation to the USA a few weeks ago, I purchased a power cord from Frys (in SF), so I didn't have to carry my UK cord and socket adaptor. The cords are also available in BestBuy stores.

Tomsk, Oct 8, 2008
Ask a Question