What is the latest Live Update patch

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jape, Mar 2, 2009.

1. jape

jape

I'm becoming suspicious that my AAO Live Update is not working properly. I haven't seen an actual update for some time and I get the "Your computer is already up to date" response very quickly when I run Live Update, and it doesn't feel like it is actually doing very much.

It doesn't fail, and I'm aware of the other thread on Live Update failing, but it seems to say my computer is up to date far too hastily. The last update I recall was around January time.

If I look at the History page the highest update numbers I can see are
    A patch for storage manager 180078 at the top of the list
    A patch for the operating system 180101 someway down

So what is the latest Live Update patch number that others have (any higher than above) ?
    Does anyone know how to show the last update date ?
    Is there a web page that lists the updates that have been released ?

The Live Update tool could really do with listing a bit more information.

Regards, Jape

jape, Mar 2, 2009
  2. jape

barrie

Hi Jape,

My Linux update history tells me
    1.Storage manager 180078
    2.Multi language module 180082

But you only really need to gain the updates you need, not all.

barrie, Mar 3, 2009
  3. jape

jape

Hi Barrie

Thanks for the response. Your machine and mine are of a similar update status then, so maybe there is no problem.

My concern is based upon the undue haste with which Live Update says "Your computer is already up to date". I'm sure I remember previously it took a number of seconds to determine the update status. Currently Live update returns almost immediately (about 1 second) with "Your computer is already up to date". Perhaps this is a red herring I don't know. So does anyone have more recent updates ?

Regards, Jape

jape, Mar 3, 2009
  4. jape

barrie

Hi jape,

Yes I get the same very quick message after opening live update. But I see no issues here, and as we are talking about Linux opposed to Microsoft windows then I would expect the system updates and patches to be a lot less frequent for the Linux system. :)

As a foot note I generally do not manually run the live update, but just wait for the notification Icon to appear in my system tray. ;)

barrie, Mar 3, 2009
  5. jape

Shad0wguy

Now that Fedora 8 is no longer supported don't expect to see much in the way of updates any more.

Shad0wguy, Mar 3, 2009
  6. jape

barrie

Hi Shad0wguy,

Yes I noted that support ended in Jan this year.
    And as I was under the impression that the AA1 with Linpus Linux was basically a customised version of Fedora. I would expect Acer or Linpus to be dealing with this and the Fedora 10 release. Maybe Acer will arrange for an upgrade through there Live Update that would provide an upgrade for the whole System. ;)

barrie, Mar 4, 2009
Ask a Question