What is causing you not to buy a Macbook?

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Vash, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Vash

Vash

For me, I have never owned a Macbook and I do not plan to buy a Macbook (until) ...

1. When they add touchscreen to Macbooks. It is kind of a big deal to me. Since I have get used to use varies smartphones and tablets, as well as my Surface Pro 4. Once I am used to touchscreens, I can never go back.

2 When they have gold colored Macbook Air (I do not like the low specifications of Macbook, nor need the bulky Macbook Pro. So I am eyeing Macbook Air, but I want the gold color lol...)

3. When they have detachable keyboard. So the device can act like a full laptop as well as a tablet just like my Surface Pro 4.

Without the 3 points, I wouldn't buy it.

What about you guys? What changes do you must have before you consider buying a Macbook?

Vash, Aug 22, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Vash

hades_leae

I just don't like apple products period. I don't like compatibility issues, and as a developer, I have to learn the ways of apple and I don't want to do that.

I don't like the designs, they are all ugly to me, and there is just so little that you can do compared to Windows, or even better Linux. I don't use their phones either because it's nothing like Android. I don't like the lack of customization's, and how expensive their products are.

Definitely not worth the value to me. I don't care about the brand names.

hades_leae, Aug 22, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Vash

Krissttina Isobe

I would love to get the Macs, but can't afford it. Especially now that they added like Surface Pro attachable keyboards:p...I'm so old school that I want a keyboard always, so I love the new Macs and Microsoft computers. Alas affordability :(is the key word for me...I found some older i2 Dell at amazon Latitude D620 Notebook for just 189.00, looking great.:)

Krissttina Isobe, Aug 22, 2016
  4. Vash

Corzhens

I don't know how to give you the impression that over here, a Macbook is like owning a Porsche. But anyway, I admire a Mac for its speed and simplicity of operation. I have handled a Mac for some time as part of the our testing in the computer lab but the immersion was not much. What I can say is that I would surely buy a Mac when I hit the lotto jackpot. It's not a joke, just to express that a Mac is so expensive that it is nearly impossible for me to afford it.

Corzhens, Aug 22, 2016
  5. Vash

cluckeyo

I will never buy one because they are more expensive, and PC is just as good. I'm not hip on throwing money down the drain. For me to make a switch, it would have to be of obvious benefit, not just bells and whistles. A PC laptop does what I need it to do and that is all that matters to me.

cluckeyo, Aug 22, 2016
  6. Vash

IcyBC

The only reason I won't buy a Mac is the price, but now I own one since my siblings gave it to me. There are a few things I rather use Window though as I haven't really know how to get around Mac that well. Other than that, I like my MacBook Air.

IcyBC, Aug 22, 2016
  7. Vash

vinaya

The only thing that is stopping me not to buy a Macook is the price. Mac computers are expensive and I am always short of budget. Since I have limited budget, I buy a PC laptop, a tab and a smartphone for the price of one macbook.

vinaya, Aug 22, 2016
  8. Vash

something back

Apple macs are more popular in the USA than the UK by the way.

With a pc you can interchange off the shelf parts easily, also most software
    compared to the macs are less expensive.

Freeware programs make the pc/laptops affordable.

There are some downsides for being more popular virus writers tend to
    write more viruses for dos/windows based machines, macs have less
    viruses though this is on the increase .

something back, Aug 22, 2016
  9. Vash

Allen1

I hаvе hоnеstly triеd using Mасs sо mаny timеs. I саnnоt stаnd thе usеr intеrfасе, аlthоugh I dо аgrее with оS X fаns thаt it is bеаutiful аnd hаs а сеrtаin еlеgаnсе tо it. Whеn Mасs аrе brоkеn, it is muсh mоrе diffiсult fоr mе tо dеtеrminе hоw tо rеsоlvе thе issuеs. Hоwеvеr, my еxpеrtisе is in Windоws, sо I аm nоt thе соmmоn саsе. I hаvе оwnеd аnd mаintаinеd mаny Windоws Pсs аnd lаptоps fоr thе whоlе fаmily [wе сurrеntly hаvе 4] аnd wе dо nоt gеnеrаlly hаvе thе hаrdwаrе issuеs, mаlwаrе, еtс. thаt еvеryоnе sееms tо think is sо соmmоn оn Windоws Pсs. Hоwеvеr, mаny оf my fаmily аnd friеnds will bring mе thеir infесtеd systеms, sо оf соursе I аm аwаrе thаt it hаppеns.

Allen1, Sep 18, 2016
Ask a Question