What is best way to get 1.5Gb Ram option w/o doing yourself?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ddog, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ddog

ddog

It really looks dicey with all the thin brittle substrate plastic. As well, I'd like to get it with the attached 1 yr warranty, if I chance
    to go without $280 warranty insurance (68% of 1Gb Ram system NEW at Amazon, $413 including shipping).

1.5Gb is a MINIIMUM (actually 2Gb was, but seeing how Intel Atom's 2Gb is giving Asus 1000h owners fits...ha ha), so if can't get it without
    risk or extra money, then I'll get a real laptop (later). Once you add in all the extra portable drive modules, its not that
    much difference (including the 9 or 12 cell battery to give you 7 hrs charge!); so if they systematically screw you over in every REQUIRED option, Fat F#ckin Chance!! This looks good enough to try if can get 1.5Gb ram economically and with warranty AND overheating Intel Atom's new spec is ALREADY incorporated in newer XP models for USA. Maybe too many IF's, but worth a try still - ???

ddog, Sep 5, 2008
  2. ddog

oh_johny

2gb is the maximum supported by the cpu/chipset. This Acer unit has 512mb soldered on the motherboard, which the computer sees as bank1, the socket is seen as bank2 and this bank will only support a max of 1gb, so the total maximum this model will support is 1.5gb.

Amazon is taking orders for this model, its around 400$, that would be the best way to get the maximum ram, without installing it yourself, this also includes the xp license/software, 6 cell battery and the 160gb hard drive.

oh_johny, Sep 5, 2008
Ask a Question