What i need to do when i get ASPIRE XP?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by duonghpham, Aug 18, 2008.

1. duonghpham

duonghpham

Hi guys,im new bee,so tomorrow im gonna get my white ASPIRE XP,so i have a question when i start it wat i have to install first like any driver or bios?pls help me and give me the link also,thanks

duonghpham, Aug 18, 2008
  2. duonghpham

duonghpham

pls help me.thanks

duonghpham, Aug 20, 2008
  3. duonghpham

fateastray

You won't have to install anything. If it's the pre-installed XP version, I'm assuming all the drivers are pre-installed as well O_O

fateastray, Aug 20, 2008
  4. duonghpham

midgetdiablo

There aren't any new drivers for the Aspire One just yet, so no need to update anything.

midgetdiablo, Aug 20, 2008
  5. duonghpham

jpm150

I got my Aspire XP a few days ago -- it came with the latest bios version, so no need to update. All the drivers seemed current, too.

jpm150, Aug 20, 2008
  6. duonghpham

duonghpham

so do u guys have any problem so far or everything perfect?thanks

duonghpham, Aug 20, 2008
  7. duonghpham

amigesia

Hi

I just got AOA150 (AspireOne A150 - XP version), 1 Gb Ram, 120 Gb hard-disk, 5600 mAh for US$ 515 and run these things smoothly :

1. On the first boot it takes several minutes auto installing several aplications including Acrobat Reader 8, Mc Afee (60 days trial), MS Office 2007 (60 days trial), MS Works, etc. The next booting take less than 1 minute.

2. Attaching card reader + 4Gb SD, removable hard-disk, external mouse (oops I still confuse using the new gesture Touchpad), even Nokia 6120c as Hsdpa modem - everything run well.

3. Installing Google Sketchup, Xnview, some emulators (including the 3D one) - all run smoothly.

4. Opening pdf, jpeg, mpeg - no problem. And the nice thing is I can hold the AspireOne like a book with the screen in the right and reading pdf magazines.

5. The battery can last upto 5 hours - intensive copying from external devices, totaly more than 30 Gb of files.

6. There are many other things should be tried, but so far so good - a very nice and friendly device.

Hope it can helps.

Regards

amigesia, Aug 21, 2008
  8. duonghpham

jpm150

Nothing's perfect, but it's pretty good. I used revo uninstaller to get rid of the crapware and pare down the start up process, but other than that all is good. I would have liked N wireless as the installed B modem is a bit slow, but not enough to pull the whole thing apart to install an N.

I got this for note taking and filing stories when I travel. It seems perfect for that.

jpm150, Aug 21, 2008
Ask a Question