What HD/SSD do you have in your laptop right now?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by CasualGoofy, Mar 16, 2016.

1. CasualGoofy

CasualGoofy

My notebook came with a (I forgot if it was samsung or toshiba) 250GB HD but it didn't last for a year. Even after I got free replacement due to warranty, the hard drive also quickly turned sluggish. So I upgraded to a Samsung 500GB EVO SSD. EVO didn't have as high rating as other Samsung SSD. But it has been a over a year, and my notebook haven't felt particularly lagging.

What HD/SSD/Hybrid are you using? And how is it?

CasualGoofy, Mar 16, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. CasualGoofy

something back

Scandisk 240GB ssd

something back, Mar 16, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. CasualGoofy

IBMPC8088

I have a few, but most are Samsung EVO 840 or 850 series, and the others are smaler 120gb and 240gb PNY and Patriot (Blast and Blaze) SSD drives. They've all worked realy well and I haven't had issues with any of them yet.

IBMPC8088, Mar 17, 2016
  4. CasualGoofy

spence88

I'm still using an HDD. It's been so long since I planned to buy an SSD. My laptop has two hard drive bays both with 5400RPM Hitachis installed. One 750gb and one 160gb. The former is for the OS and apps and the latter for recording and downloading programs and videos.

spence88, Mar 29, 2016
  5. CasualGoofy

Corzhens

My laptop has a 500 GB Seagate HDD that was an original component when the laptop came in. Several in the genre of my laptop that were issued to my colleagues have broken down HDD (fortunately they are not Seagate but a cheaper brand). They said that HDD for laptop is sturdier since the laptop is movable. An ordinary HDD will suffer a breakdown sooner or later especially if the user is careless.

Corzhens, Mar 30, 2016
  6. CasualGoofy

spence88

Yeah, I agree. If I recall correctly, there was a study proving that 2.5" hard drives have around 3x shock resistance compared to 3.5" hard drives and the former having more reliability and lower power consumption. But that was years ago, things definitely have changed now. In terms of performance, however, they are pretty much even, though I hear 3.5" hard drives have a slight advantage over its smaller counterpart while being less costly at the same time. If you're looking at the best back for the buck drive in terms of performance, then 3.5" hard drives are the way to go.

spence88, Mar 31, 2016
  7. CasualGoofy

Zelle139

Mine's only 128GB, Samsung. Thank goodness I have 5TB total external storage. I wouldn't survive with all the media I have.
    It boots up soooo quickly. And I absolutely love starting up games at the same time my friends do so they can gawk in awe at how fast my laptop starts the game. They all still have HDDs ^^ I'm really happy to SSDs becoming more affordable these days. They really are a great innovation in technology~

Zelle139, Apr 2, 2016
Ask a Question