What do you use to keep your laptop clean?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Slenderman, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Slenderman

Slenderman

I'm really careful when I'm eating or drinking something next to my laptop, so it doesn't get dirty in the first place. But every once in a while, I'll pass a piece of cloth soaked in alcohol over the keyboard and screen, just to remove what little dirt and grease there is. What about you? What's your preferred method of cleaning your laptop?

Slenderman, Sep 18, 2016
  2. Slenderman

BlueText

I have a plastic cove for the keyboard so I don't really have to clean between the keys anymore. When I do, I used q-tips to clean the dust. I usually spray Windex to clean the metal parts of the laptop. Though I probably should switch to alcohol. I don't drink anything that isn't in a bottle near my laptop because I can't afford a new computer right now. I'm a bit paranoid with getting anything on my computer.

BlueText, Sep 18, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Slenderman

AntonioCalcano

I first try to always wash my hands before using it, and if I've been using it for long then I would still wash my hands every once in a while to keep grease and dust away as long as possible. Even doing this I find out my laptop still gets dirty so I normally clean it with a special liquid I bought that is very mild and designed to clean electronics.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 24, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Slenderman

Corzhens

As I had posted in another thread, I am neat when it comes to my laptop because it is an official issue and I am liable to pay if it gets broken. So when it comes to eating, I have learned not to eat in front of my laptop. For cleaning, I only use a wet cloth, the cotton type is the best for its soft texture that wouldn't harm the surface especially the glossy finish. And I only clean my laptop when it's real dirty and also when not in use.

Corzhens, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Slenderman

Krissttina Isobe

I borrow library's netbook. I always clean it before I use it with alcohol. I like to have the crisp feeling of a clean keyboard cleaned with alcohol. I don't trust anything else for cleaning laptops except alcohol.

Krissttina Isobe, Sep 24, 2016
Ask a Question