What do you think of the new Windows 10 update?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by ProNine, Jul 24, 2015.

1. ProNine

ProNine

Simple question. Do you believe it will bring any performace improvements to your laptop? Will the UI get changed?
    I believe that it will be a real improvement and I'm really hoping for quicker response on my laptop. I myself, don't expect the UI to change a lot. It will be somewhat similar to windows 8 UI.
    What about you?

ProNine, Jul 24, 2015
  2. ProNine

Sefie

I believe the UI will look like a mix of windows 8.1 and windows 7, I have seen some screenshots of it and that is what it looks like. I'm just very happy the start button will be back :) I'm not expecting much though, since windows 8/8.1 was a huge let down.

Sefie, Jul 24, 2015
  3. ProNine

ProNine

I totally agree about the start button. This may not sound like a big issue but whenever I slided to the right accidentaly, that menu popped up. Not a big deal but annoying at times, especially when I'm busy. :p

ProNine, Jul 24, 2015
  4. ProNine

IcyBC

I love my Window 7 Home Premium on my HP laptop, and never did upgrade to Window 8 as I have heard many bad stories about it. Right now, I still am undecided about Window 10 and I don't know if it is going to make a huge different for my laptop as it is suffering from over heating issue and runs tremendously slow and sluggish. Wonder if it will help my laptop at all!

IcyBC, Jul 25, 2015
  5. ProNine

Sefie

@IcyBC I have Windows 7 Ultimate on the other laptop and completely loved it. But Microsoft is going to be supporting Windows 7 for only 5 years and remember the free offer of Windows 10 is only good for one year. After that will will cost $119 or so. So better secure a copy now.

Sefie, Jul 26, 2015
  6. ProNine

Sefie

Yes, I really miss the start button. Everything seemed much easier when things were arranged the way they last were on Windows 7. I could access the ''run'' command very easily from there, now I have no idea what the heck to do on window 8.1. I hope they fix that too. I guess we will know very soon, we are just two days away from July 29.

Sefie, Jul 26, 2015
  7. ProNine

rz3300

From what I have used of it I was pretty impressed. That said, I am not using it as my main OS so I do not have as much experience as other people might. Also, though, I have heard good things from other people, which is not something that I can say about a lot of the previous versions of Windows, so it has that going. We shall see, though. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Sep 1, 2016
  8. ProNine

AntonioCalcano

I've read some terrible things about Microsoft's newest update. Some people have gone far to even say that they've lost all their data and that they've had to start from scratch; others have said that their OS has become significantly slower. I think there must be something wrong on their end since I haven't had any issues with this update. I haven't noticed any differences though, but I for sure haven't had a negative impact as many are stating.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 18, 2016
Ask a Question