What do you mostly use you laptop for?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Jazma96, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Jazma96

Ishmael

I use it when I'm travelling instead of my super good RIG I have at home, so basically very often. :p

Ishmael, Feb 23, 2016
  2. Jazma96

roger1003

I use my laptop for work purposes only. It's a good thing that laptop was invented because we gained the ability to work anywhere. I don't want to use my laptop for gaming. I use my desktop for that purpose.

roger1003, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Jazma96

djtech

Hmm.. I use my laptop for gaming because again it gives me the ability to roam around and play whereever I want to.

djtech, Mar 18, 2016
  4. Jazma96

hafiz93

I use my laptop mostly for work and browsing. I used to play games on my laptop but it's not that strong anymore, so I've stopped playing games on my laptop. I also listen to music and watch videos on my laptop.

hafiz93, Mar 18, 2016
  5. Jazma96

CasualGoofy

Browsing internet, reading something, keep notes, doodling, gaming, and replying to this forum :cool:

I don't do much social media following or go on chat so much on my notebook.

CasualGoofy, Mar 19, 2016
  6. Jazma96

djtech

Well, I have observed that Skype and similar software use a lot of bandwidth when one uses video chat. And they are not even trying to hide the fact that it sucks that much data. They should really provide an option to choose what kind of a resolution one needs.

I have recently started using my system a lot more for conference calls, and they do take a toll on the system.

djtech, Mar 19, 2016
  7. Jazma96

Dilof

I use my laptop for work, browsing the internet and social media. I have a desktop PC which I use for gaming mostly due to the annoyance that is the laptop when it comes to hardcore gamiing. If I'm doing some casual gaming though, I may use my laptop (games such as Hearthstone or Runescape).

Dilof, Mar 19, 2016
  8. Jazma96

acer93

Mostly Internet use - music, online radio, research, and writing stuff for university.
    Also movies and tv shows, social media of course and talking with friends, family.

acer93, Mar 20, 2016
  9. Jazma96

oraclemay

I work full time on online sites and for clients as a Freelance writer, so my laptop does a lot of work almost every day. It is an average size, but I would like to get one that is smaller and easier to use. It would have to be good quality though because low quality laptops do not last long.

oraclemay, Mar 20, 2016
  10. Jazma96

Jonah_JJ

I run 2 blogs, I'm a writer, and I'm also a web-designer. So I use it for those things mainly. But of course there's the daily check in with social media, and watching Netflix while I do all those things. And answering emails too of course.

Jonah_JJ, Mar 22, 2016
  11. Jazma96

Sealpikachu

I use my laptop for work! I take it everywhere with me and edit pictures on the go. It is super versatile and saves me hours of worrying. I also use it for gaming. I carry around a controller in my purse and play Skyrim whenever I feel like it. So much easier and cheaper than a console.

Sealpikachu, May 24, 2016
  12. Jazma96

filmjunkie08

Goodness......I use my laptop for so many things. I watch TV episodes I have missed, earning extra income, a gaming forum, and talking to friends on Facebook. If my laptop goes on the fritz and I am without it, I really miss it!

filmjunkie08, May 25, 2016
  13. Jazma96

SirJoe

Mostly work but I also use it to navigate the net and edit images. I do have a some virtual machines installed on it, so every once in a while I will do some server testing.

SirJoe, May 26, 2016
  14. Jazma96

Vash

On my current laptop, the most used software is Firefox, Word, Excel, WinSCP. Followed by Photoshop, and a few others.
    So basically, the laptop is for work. Sometimes I also use it to watch movies when I am not working. Since my Surface Pro 4 can act as a tablet, it is great for movies. Netflix is one of the movie apps I use.

On rare occasions, I might load up a video game or two to entertain myself for a while, but I am no longer a hardcore gamer these days.

On my previous laptop, I used to bring it with me to classes and to LAN parties. I used it for notes taking, homework, as well as gaming a lot. That's when I was still a college student.

Vash, May 27, 2016
  15. Jazma96

lisasian86

I use my laptop for everything, browsing the internet, watching TV shows and movies, doing my coursework and playing games. I genuinely don't know what I would do without it.

lisasian86, May 27, 2016
  16. Jazma96

obliviousme

I use it mainly for school/work but i also do a significant amount mindlessly browsing online and checking social media accounts. I play games occasionally too and of course watch movies and listen to music.

obliviousme, Jun 7, 2016
  17. Jazma96

Fuzyon

I use it for both work and gaming, that's why I bought one with a lot of "horsepower'. I'm a programmer that runs a lot of compiler-type apps so I need a laptop with a powerful processor, SSD and at least 8 GB of RAM, while I also have a GTX 960M that's perfect for my gaming needs.

Fuzyon, Jun 7, 2016
  18. Jazma96

IBMPC8088

Schematic design, programming, closing business deals, dog and cat pictures, mame emulation. You know, important stuff. :)

IBMPC8088, Jun 18, 2016
  19. Jazma96

vinaya

I am a writer,..I use my laptop to write articles, stories and novels. I am also an online writer/publisher. I use my laptop to pulish online articles. I am also a webmaster,. I use my laptop to work on my websites. I am also online marketer. I use my ;laptop to market my products. I use laptop to surf internet for fun, research and knowledge buildup.

vinaya, Jun 18, 2016
  20. Jazma96

Oakat

To be honest, a tablet could probably replace the majority of my laptop needs. I mostly use it for web browsing, video watching, and chatting with friends. It's rare when I'm using more heavy duty applications like video editing or even word processing. I guess I just prefer the form factor. Yeah, they're more hefty than a tablet but they're far more comfortable to type long amounts of text on.

Oakat, Jul 2, 2016
Ask a Question