What do you mostly use you laptop for?

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by Jazma96, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Jazma96

Jazma96

Whats your laptops purpose? What do you use it for mostly?

Jazma96, Apr 8, 2014
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Jazma96

maxparker0

I mostly use my laptop for browsing the internet. Sometimes, I play games too but yeah internet is the main use.

maxparker0, Apr 12, 2014
  3. Jazma96

babyleans

i use my laptop primarily for surfing the internet. i watch movies sometime but mostly is for internet. without an internet connection i feel my laptop is useless. i'd rather have a phone with an internet connection than a laptop without.

babyleans, Apr 14, 2014
  4. Jazma96

Maledictum

I use mine to browse the internet and listen to music. Its crap at even running Diablo 2 so gaming is out of the question.

Maledictum, Apr 14, 2014
  5. Jazma96

mikelouis

I use my laptop for working on projects, surfing, gaming sometimes and for entertainment.

mikelouis, Apr 15, 2014
  6. Jazma96

tymaul

I mostly use my laptop for work, I am a graphic and animation artist so I am on my computer a majority of the time creating new things. I also spend a lot of my time on the internet finding reference.

tymaul, Jul 21, 2014
  7. Jazma96

thestoryteller1

Almost everything actually. I moved to another country, so I don't even have desktop computer now. I work graphic design work and writing on it, I read, I write for myself...Also, I play games on it. All my TV watching is on it. I chat and talk to friends on skype, I email, research things on internet, take online courses...really a lot. I am often trying to get myself to start using less computer on daily basis.

thestoryteller1, Jul 22, 2014
  8. Jazma96

mopli

I am a bioengineer so I use it a lot to model some prey-predator simulations. It is pretty interesting. Aside from work, I also use it as leisure. I often watch videos and play various games. I also read the news and some other articles in general.

mopli, Jan 13, 2016
  9. Jazma96

IcyBC

I use my laptop for working at different websites, read the news and keeping in touch with family members through email, and search for what I want to know more.

IcyBC, Jan 14, 2016
  10. Jazma96

Krissttina Isobe

I write and sell my books online. I have my own web site that I maintain. Answer e-mails, do taxes...just did my 2015 taxes, buy and sell things, find information, research, go to my forums, play games and get entertained by listening at youtube or programs on demand. I've social sites I like to share and keep in touch with family and friends. So many useful things online to do there isn't enough time in the day for online activities.

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 14, 2016
  11. Jazma96

thess

I use my laptop for online work and researching certain things. I sometimes use it to watch videos online as well. But that's about it. It's mostly for work, I use my smartphone for most other things.

thess, Jan 15, 2016
  12. Jazma96

ellyjude

I'm a freelancer so i mostly use my laptop to write articles and looking for other great opportunities for work.

ellyjude, Jan 16, 2016
  13. Jazma96

Rezonate

I use my laptop mostly for work and making a little money online doing things like postloop and affiliate marketing. Having a laptop that is small and compact is really convenient it allows me to take it anywhere basically and work remotely. I recently got a mobile hot spot so I can have internet access anywhere i go.

Rezonate, Jan 27, 2016
  14. Jazma96

djtech

I use it for work and for play - I watch movies, I do freelance and research work on it, and I play a loooot of games on it. Of course, I use it for other things too sometimes, but I use it mostly for these things.

djtech, Jan 28, 2016
  15. Jazma96

IBMPC8088

Programming and engineering work, mostly.

Artificial Intelligence development, embedded systems and automation (FPGAs, PIC controllers, etc), some web work and typing out a few things in VMs when needed. I have several systems, but I have one that I use more than the other laptops for this since it's more favorable hardware for what I want to do, and I have all the programs and VMs that I need on it already here.

I have a backup of it with another laptop, but it's not as nicely arranged as this one or as up to date.

IBMPC8088, Feb 1, 2016
  16. Jazma96

vinaya

I am a writer and I use laptop for writing. I am also a web publisher and webmaster, social networker and marketer therofore I use laptop to surf the net.

vinaya, Feb 2, 2016
  17. Jazma96

StaplerAshtray

I mostly use my laptop for web development. It's practical to do it in my laptop while I'm on the go and I can take my work with me anywhere. However, it definitely isn't the only use I take out of it. Browsing the internet is a given, I usually play some games too, although I prefer a desktop computer for that, or even watching movies and TV series in the comfort of my bed. I just love the mobility and freedom it gives me.

StaplerAshtray, Feb 11, 2016
  18. Jazma96

djtech

I have also started using it for movie editing - video editing for youtube and other sites.

djtech, Feb 13, 2016
  19. Jazma96

Pablo Diaz

I mostly use it to study. I have all my study guides in my laptop and I do all of my research in there. Also when I have some free time I like to do some moderate gaming (Which will change to hardcore gaming when I get my new laptop hahah) And I like to experiment with graphic design but I'm not very good at it. Apart from that I simply used for light web browsing and social media!

Pablo Diaz, Feb 21, 2016
  20. Jazma96

Corzhens

My laptop is an official issue of our office so I only use it for office work mostly with the word document for writing memos and spreadsheet for the numbers crunching. We used to have a wifi but our boss did away with it so my laptop is not equipped with a wifi adapter. In fact, even the USB socket has been removed to minimize the probability of virus contamination.

Corzhens, Feb 22, 2016
Ask a Question