What are your most common problems?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by remnant, Sep 24, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant

Sometimes due to oversight or plain carelessness, people run into hardware problems. A common issue is tripping on the powerline when the laptop is plugged. I encounter problems with electronics like dropping an item on the floor which may damage the hard disc. Another common encountered problem is overheating of the keyboard which results in the laptop shutting occasionally when connected.

remnant, Sep 24, 2016
  2. remnant

Corzhens

My most common problem with my laptop was the difficulty in using the track pad. I always make a mistake especially when I am in a hurry to click on something. It's funny because it was my husband who suggested for me to use a corded mouse so I wouldn't have to adapt to the track pad. And after 2 months of using my new laptop, I installed a mouse with a USB connection and I'm okay now. I have no issues with the keyboard because I am neat when it comes to my laptop... no food for me when in front of the computer.

Corzhens, Sep 24, 2016
  3. remnant

IcyBC

I have only dropped my cellphone, forget my cellphone, but not the laptop yet. My HP laptop has the over heating problem but not because I am over using it, it is the entire laptop. The only problem I encountered, which of my own fault is the letters on the keyboard disappearing. I seemed to worn out the ink on some letters pretty fast and I believe that the oil from my skin had something to do with it. So now, I bought a keyboard cover for my laptop.

IcyBC, Sep 24, 2016
  4. remnant

Elektron

My most common problem has always been the battery and the touchpad. I had to get the touchpad fixed weeks ago because my sister got it broke, I don't know how, but I got it fixed right away.

Elektron, Sep 24, 2016
  5. remnant

Vash

Getting hot is definitely one of the most common problems when using a laptop. In my case, I am used to have dozens tabs open in my web browser. It takes a lot of resources and all the flash/ads etc. constantly make the system resources running low... and system runs hot at the same time.

I also wish the battery can last longer. My Surface Pro 4 has a "9-hour" rating on the battery. But I have no idea how it can last that long under normal uses. It only lasts 2~4 hours for me depend on what I am using it for. Even with just Word running, it does not last nearly as long as "9-hour".

Vash, Sep 25, 2016
  6. remnant

hades_leae

I have never heard of a keyboard over heating, I never experienced that before, the only heat I feel comes from the sides of my laptop.

The problems I have is that sometimes the laptop takes more than two minutes to boot up, and then sometimes it will go into update mode when I boot it when I never told it to update, it also freezes sometimes but not for longer than 20 seconds or so.

I have had to reset it like twice because it froze and didn't come back, and that's close to 3 years of use.

hades_leae, Sep 25, 2016
  7. remnant

AntonioCalcano

Most common problems people have, not me because I've learnt to learn how to troubleshoot my own problems. But for people who haven't learnt I guess the most common problems come from overlooking this problems, maybe they find out the system is giving them signals and they just ignore them. You always need to listen to what your computer is telling you.

AntonioCalcano, Sep 26, 2016
  8. remnant

acerme2

My most common problems are the disappearing labels of some letters on my keyboard and the power adaptor. It just won't charge the laptop automatically when I plug it and I have to tilt and adjust its position every time I have to move it. Other than these, my laptop is working fine.

acerme2, Oct 2, 2016
Ask a Question