What are you carrying your AA1 in?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by asp1rant, Aug 2, 2008.

1. asp1rant

Archer

I picked this up this evening on my way home to carry my AA1 and the other assorted items I carry on a regular basis....it has plenty of room and padded well enough....and is expandable on those days I may have more stuff to take with me

http://www.target.com/Eddie-Bauer-Timbe ... uer&page=1

Archer, Aug 27, 2008
  2. asp1rant

rkk

rkk, Aug 27, 2008
  3. asp1rant

Blinky

I carry my One in the Acer Aspire One case :D that I got free with my One. It was stuck to the box with hard plastic ribbons. Reading these posts I'm glad I bought my One while on holiday (at Big-C in Thailand).

Blinky, Aug 27, 2008
  4. asp1rant

...BeAkEr...

I'm using the slip case for the netbook and a small car organiser bag for 2 x 2.5" hdd, charger, virgin 3g usb modem and some other accessories

The 6 cell battery is supposed to be getting a new slip case, apparently if you ask acer support for one they will send it free of charge [a slip case that fits over the battery whilst attached to the one] it says the same on wikipedia

...BeAkEr..., Aug 27, 2008
  5. asp1rant

blackjack

Well, for now, I'm just keeping it in a compartment on the side of my light briefcase -- I bought the case last year, but it turns out this side pocket is a perfect fit for the Aspire One and a cordless mouse beside it. :D
    [​IMG]

I'm definitely looking for something smaller that's just for the One, and maybe one of the new Checkpoint-Friendly sleeve things for air travel use.

blackjack, Aug 28, 2008
  6. asp1rant

...BeAkEr...

that's what my next purchase will be, a small bluetooth mouse, I bought a tiny dongle last night from ebay

gotta hate that touchpad eh?

...BeAkEr..., Aug 28, 2008
  7. asp1rant

moukun

moukun, Aug 28, 2008
  8. asp1rant

stygiansonic

I have the same bag! And I love it, it's the perfect size - and now that you mention it, it *is* the perfect size for the AAO, seems almost like the front side pocket (which I always though was weird and out of place) was designed to hold the AAO's AC adapter! I'm currently using just the pleather slipcase, but I'm thinking of trying out one of the MEC laptop sleeves for it:
    http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_deta ... 9967597192

The smallest size is 11" (25 x 28cm) so that is a little big for the AAO, though the end does have a velcro cover. I love MEC for stuff :)

stygiansonic, Aug 29, 2008
  9. asp1rant

YooY

my old case for my 12" white Ibook, you can put the A1 and its power adapter. Simple and Useful!

YooY, Aug 29, 2008
  10. asp1rant

IslandBookworm

I had no idea MEC made a laptop sleeve. It's a good idea because then you're not 'married' to one bag for your laptop. The MEC one does seem like it would be too big, but maybe there are others out there that will fit better.

IslandBookworm, Aug 29, 2008
  11. asp1rant

suzyjax

I also use a portable DVD case. I bought one that from Case Logic that was made for the DVD player that comes with an additonal monitor. This gave me an extra pocket for cords, mouse, etc. However, I may look for something bigger so that I can include my digital voice recorder, Flip Video recorder, as well as batteries and charger for the batteries. I may end up using the sleeve it came with an attache that is designed for regular-sized laptops.

I am surprised that some are using some non-traditional (read non-padded) items. Are you not worried about causing damage should you drop the bag, be bumped into wall, or some other dastardly mishap?

suzyjax, Aug 31, 2008
  12. asp1rant

IslandBookworm

I can't remember the last time I dropped a bag, but after reading this thread I am starting to think it would be a good idea to buy some sort of padded sleeve for my AA1. I'll have to look around to see if I can find one that fits.

IslandBookworm, Aug 31, 2008
  13. asp1rant

midgetdiablo

The black sleeve that came with my one; it's just so simple and convenient. What else could you need?

midgetdiablo, Aug 31, 2008
  14. asp1rant

rob70

15. asp1rant

jagfan

I picked up the same case today. They are on clearance for $7.49. The case is a perfect fit and looks nicer than the picture displays. The blue panels are actually gray.

jagfan, Sep 3, 2008
  16. asp1rant

Danwerty

Danwerty, Sep 3, 2008
  17. asp1rant

dementedlemur

I picked up one of those from radio shack last week and it was just a little too small for mine, could have a manufacturing variance though because it was only about 2mm too small.
    The case setup I'm currently using is the supplied sleeve stowed inside a case logic portable DVD case:
    Bestbuy no longer carries it on their website but I picked it up instore on clearance for $8.99 when I bought my aoa150-1570 from them last week. Price on shelf showed 14.99, but rang up at 8.99 and it includes cable wraps, dvd/cd case, and 2 pairs of headphones. The rear storage compartment is independently padded and perfect for storing the ac adapter and an external HD or optical drive . The only downside is that there is no easy way to attach a shouder strap since the case has attachment points at the bottom two corners.

dementedlemur, Sep 3, 2008
  18. asp1rant

procalli

just bought a belkin case from http://www.boffer.co.uk/

Its a one day only thing (4th September) but it seems cheap at <£11 delivered.

procalli, Sep 4, 2008
  19. asp1rant

sanvara

That sleeve is awful. It's loose fitting and the acer can slide right out of it while you are holding it.

The book style cases are nice.

sanvara, Sep 11, 2008
  20. asp1rant

rogertb

rogertb, Sep 11, 2008
Ask a Question