Welcome me.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Guest, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Hello there.
    I am Mars478 and I am in due time receiving an Acer Aspire One ZG5 Hard Drive version running XP. I am buying it from a friend for 165$ along with a ton of swag including: Two older iPods, an old compaq laptop, a iPaq PDA, GBA SP, Razr, and tons of other things. But the Acer is the main part of the lot.
    I am currently the admin of a forum called InsanelyWind.com under the same username, InsanelyWind is a forum that replaced MSIWind.net after it went down. So I have experience if you need any moderators etc.

I currently have in my Main computers area of my collection:
    • MacBook (GrayBook) 2 GHz Core Duo, Heavily Modded using parts from 3 MacBooks. Here's the forum thread about the mods I did to my new Main Laptop.[1]; The Specs of the Machine are: 2GB RAM, 320GB 7200RPM Drive, 10.6.2 Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mars478/se ... 792091847/

MSI Wind 432-US: My Third laptop I owned, I got this in Christmas of 2008, and I got it for the main purpose of Hackintoshing it. I have become very involved in this Machine though it is not my Main laptop anymore. I am the Admin at a forum called InsanelyWind. This laptop has been running OSX since December 2008 and still is. It currently has a crappy 80GB drive though I am thinking of getting a fast 16 or 32GB SSD for it. It used to have a 320GB Scorpio Black but that now resides in my GrayBook. I have a white Keyboard on this machine even though the whole machine is black. A small mod I did :)

iMac G5, Got from free from the Computer lab I work at, The Specs of this guy are: 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 500GB, 10.5.8. This poor G5 is on it's last legs, it has the leaky capacitor problem and the Power Supply whines like a cat. I am going to either repair this machine or get me an Intel iMac White in the near future from a friend.

Now the Aspire One is basically going to be a plaything, for mods and for OSX. I will be making a distro based on SnowyWindOSX with the Assistance of Dalton63841 (I work closely with him) and using drivers from the community. I understand there are some limitations on the Aspire on OSX which include:
    No sleep
    Wonky SD Card readers.
    Here's my Wiki Page on InsanelyWind with a list of my computers and iPods and other devices.
    Welcome me!

Guest, Dec 30, 2009
Ask a Question