Weird screen issue after RAM installlation?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by svensko, Aug 13, 2008.

1. svensko

svensko

I installed a one gig stick today and ran into a problem. Ended up having to go back in and reseat the SDD cables and then it seemed to work fine except that the screen was running a quarter of the size it should. Even on boot it runs as though it is a standard LCD and not a widescreen. At the home screen I am greeted with a nice black bar taking up a quarter of my screen and the bottom quarter of the usable portion of the screen is just cloning the top quarter of the screen.

Should I try to reseat the LCD ribbon?

Edit: I just tried rebooting (this is like my 5th time) and now it is in widescreen mode. I'm so lost. :x

svensko, Aug 13, 2008
  2. svensko

Darren198712

take a pic of it :). have you tried to reinstalling the drivers ? if that does not work try the LCD ribbon

Darren198712, Aug 14, 2008
  3. svensko

svensko

If anyone cares, I took my One apart again and try disconnecting/reconnecting components until i could get the screen to show correctly for ~20 boots. I don't know how but i reseated my SDD and it hasn't given me any issues since. Hopefully I won't be updating this thread again. :lol:

svensko, Aug 16, 2008
Ask a Question