Weird Keyboard problem

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by sironitomas, May 4, 2011.

1. sironitomas

sironitomas

Hi people. I have a Acer Aspire One D260 since july / 2010. A few weeks ago, I noticed I can't suspend my netbook anymore. Actually it suspends but the instant after it wakes up. Also, the [esc] key is not working anymore (even inside BIOS).

I noticed the keyboard is damaged because it is constanlty sending interrupts to the motherboard.

In my linux, sometimes I see this symbols (^[) appearing while I boot which means the kernel is translating a weird signal into those ascii characters.

I tried disconnecting the keyboard and using a USB one. All the problems were gone. Do you think I can do something before buying a new keyboard? I'd buy one (http://amzn.to/eJ07AB) but amazon doesn't ship to Argentina. Any ideas? Thanks!

sironitomas, May 4, 2011
  2. sironitomas

darcys

Hi Sironitomas,
    The ^[ control character is the escape key, so if this is continuously being sent it could mean your escape key is physically stuck. Maybe try removing the escape key and see if there is anything there causing this to happen. Try booting without the escape key on the keyboard.
    Just a thought, hope that helps.
    Shane

darcys, May 4, 2011
Ask a Question